I have been trying to figure out for a long time now how I can edit/delete the "Contact List"(s) in my address book but cannot seem to come up with a solution yet. When I hit the Options menu in my Contacts, a screen comes up allowing me to switch between different Contact Lists that I may have, however - I have never created those contact lists and have not organized my contacts that way before.

The problem is that there are two contact lists that were automatically set up by creation of new email accounts, and even after having had deleted those email accounts - the contact lists still exist and list the old email names.

Does anyone know how to modify or delete the contact lists from the address book? I have accidentally allowed some email accounts to "sync" contacts with my address book, and now I cannot opt out of that - there simply aren't any options for me to edit that (and I have tried deleting that associated email accounts already but didn't get any luck).

Thanks for any help in advance.
    Last edited by futurelovers; 09-21-10 at 09:12 PM.
    09-21-10 08:52 PM
    My suggestion would be to use Outlook to organize all you contacts. If you synced contacts from gmail you can export those into a csv file from the gmail website. From there you can import it into outlook and modify it. Once your done, export it from outlook into gmail. Then sync it again.
    09-21-10 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD