I've already glued crystals onto my phone, but not on the seams nor the rubber sides.

How easy is it to purchase a brand new Blackberry 8320 titanium entire housing? Are each of them coded?

If I take off my original housing and put together that "new" housing, will T-mobile know? Am I still under warranty?

Thanks in advanced everyone...I still haven't finished decorating my blackberry though so I will post when its finished.
    10-29-08 05:50 PM
    Yes you voided your warranty. The new housing will break the seal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-08 05:53 PM
    As long as the housing you buy is the original color and TMO branded, they wouldn't know the difference.

10-29-08 05:54 PM
    As long as the housing you buy is the original color and TMO branded, they wouldn't know the difference.

Can I purchase a brand new T-mobile brand housing? Hmmm...
    10-29-08 05:57 PM
    Yes you voided your warranty. The new housing will break the seal.

Where is the seal located?
    10-29-08 05:58 PM
    The seal is located on the side rails, I'm pretty sure. Let me search for the housing and I'll get back to you on finding a TMO housing

10-29-08 06:01 PM
    The seal is located on the side rails, I'm pretty sure. Let me search for the housing and I'll get back to you on finding a TMO housing

Thanks

Also...I'm not sure about the anatomy of the phone, but I've heard that the len's foam bottom piece (on the front) is broken once the phone is taken apart. However, can you take off the entire front part of the phone without removing the lens from the front piece?

I've found a full housing and it seems as if the foam piece is naturally attached to the front piece.

FULL HOUSING BLACKBERRY CURVE 8300 8310 8320 TITANIUM - eBay (item 220303257772 end time Nov-28-08 08:59:12 PST)

Actually...I've only glued the crystals on the battery cover so far. Do you think it would be a wise idea to change the housing to this At&t and then glue the rest of the crystals on? Does At&t's titanium look exactly like T-mobiles?
    10-29-08 06:05 PM
    YOu can get TMO branded housing at

BlackBerry - HTC, Accessories Store, Mobiado, NEC, Tools, SonyEricsson, Dopod/O2, Apple, Blac

Im not sure if its considered the *seal* or what it is, but on both of my curves, when I take off the back plate, there is a white lil square covering one of the screw holes..

But seriously, if something was to happen to your phone, put the new branded one back on, I doubt any rep will actually take apart the phone to see..who knows..
    10-29-08 06:06 PM
    Ive also ordered parts and a housing for my BB from Ebay, and both times, crappy.. Ive since then been ordering anything for it from cnn.cn
    10-29-08 06:07 PM
    Ive also ordered parts and a housing for my BB from Ebay, and both times, crappy.. Ive since then been ordering anything for it from cnn.cn
    Oh... thats horrible. whats cnn.cn?

edit: nevermind, I googled it hehe. Thanks for the website, but it seems that they don't have the 8320 titanium colored one.
    10-29-08 06:08 PM
    Its a website for BB parts LOL ...that link in my pervious post
    Also has products for others too.. its really good.
    10-29-08 06:09 PM
    Oh... thats horrible. whats cnn.cn?
    a website??

sells very good phone parts and products
    10-29-08 06:10 PM
    a website??

sells very good phone parts and products
    Haha, yea I figured that out. I thought she meant ccn.com!
    10-29-08 06:18 PM
    Put a LIL more faith in me LOL
    10-29-08 06:19 PM
    Put a LIL more faith in me LOL
    Hehe...

So how was the housing different from Ebay different? Did you purchase from a seller from China? It seems that only ebay has the housing color that I need.
    10-29-08 06:23 PM
    Ok, first off, I wanted a pink housing, and decided to go the cheap route, turned to Ebay, a seller from HongKong, got the housing, first of all they left out a screwdriver and a housing tool (didnt need either but I paid for it right?)

I go to put the pink face plate on, the lil cover for the LED was missing, that clear plastic thing.. how weird.. so I emailed.. apparently they dont sell the face plates with the led cover in em, and to *pop it off* from my old housing.. um.
    The lens also looked totally crappy too..

Anyways, fiance and I both have curves, I have the gold housing, the *proper* pink, he now has the sunset on his that I put on, and I have a custom painted face plate.

So we have spares LOL but seriously, CNN.CN is a good route to go.

BBEnriched also has parts but I cant comment on them as I have never placed an order
    10-29-08 06:26 PM
    Ok, first off, I wanted a pink housing, and decided to go the cheap route, turned to Ebay, a seller from HongKong, got the housing, first of all they left out a screwdriver and a housing tool (didnt need either but I paid for it right?)

I go to put the pink face plate on, the lil cover for the LED was missing, that clear plastic thing.. how weird.. so I emailed.. apparently they dont sell the face plates with the led cover in em, and to *pop it off* from my old housing.. um.
    The lens also looked totally crappy too..

Anyways, fiance and I both have curves, I have the gold housing, the *proper* pink, he now has the sunset on his that I put on, and I have a custom painted face plate.

So we have spares LOL but seriously, CNN.CN is a good route to go.

BBEnriched also has parts but I cant comment on them as I have never placed an order

Oh wow, I'll make sure to avoid a seller from China then. Isn't the cover the the LED screen the "lens"? I'm confused. I'm hoping that the screen plastic cover will be attached to the front piece because I do not want to pop mine off and get dust inside.

Gold is indeed the proper pink! I wanted the gold, but could only get the titanium . I'm glamming it out with swarovski now so it should be okay haha.

Does this look too good to be true?

FULL HOUSING BLACKBERRY CURVE 8300 8310 8320 TITANIUM - eBay (item 220303257772 end time Nov-28-08 08:59:12 PST)
    10-29-08 06:30 PM
    No, I mean I have the TMO gold, AND I got the pink also, from the 8310 section.. they fit 8320s, and it will tell you what it is compatible with..

The lens is the screen, the part Im talking out,.. look at your LED right, see that cover over that.. THAT is what they didnt have..

As far as your link, I mean, thats totally up to you, I cant see it completely etc, (as far as the LED thingy) buuuut your money
    10-29-08 06:34 PM
    No, I mean I have the TMO gold, AND I got the pink also, from the 8310 section.. they fit 8320s, and it will tell you what it is compatible with..

The lens is the screen, the part Im talking out,.. look at your LED right, see that cover over that.. THAT is what they didnt have..

As far as your link, I mean, thats totally up to you, I cant see it completely etc, (as far as the LED thingy) buuuut your money

Oh...the light thing that flashes lol! Sorry, I'm such a newb... How could they not have a cover for that area? So much dust would get in...

Anyways, thanks for all your help! I checked out BBenriched and they do carry the color titanium, but At&t...I'll cover it with crystals anyways so it won't matter.

I just need to be brave enough to change the housing now. I'm too chicken!
    10-29-08 06:40 PM
    The first time is the hardest, but once you break the seal and whatnot, each time after that is easy, as its not sooo stuck down, the adhesive from the stock lens etc.. its really no big deal

Post a pic of your phone when you are done, id love to see it
    10-29-08 06:45 PM
    The first time is the hardest, but once you break the seal and whatnot, each time after that is easy, as its not sooo stuck down, the adhesive from the stock lens etc.. its really no big deal

Post a pic of your phone when you are done, id love to see it
    So there is a seal? The adhesive from the stock lens? I thought the front piece was attached to that? I plan on purchasing one that is already attached to the front part of the housing. I don't want to break that seal. Can I remove the front part of the housing all-together and not break that lens seal?

So t-mobile will know if I've removed my housing?
    10-29-08 06:52 PM
    Not a *techinical seal* Its just SEALED down real good LOL you have to use a bit of force to get the stock one off the first time.

Again, I *highly* doubt they will know.. like I said, I dont see them pulling out thier scrtewdrivers lol
    10-29-08 06:54 PM
    Not a *techinical seal* Its just SEALED down real good LOL you have to use a bit of force to get the stock one off the first time.

Again, I *highly* doubt they will know.. like I said, I dont see them pulling out thier scrtewdrivers lol
    Oh...haha okay thanks so much for the help and answering all of my annoying little questions.

I'll definitely post when my phone is done.
    10-29-08 06:58 PM
    Cant wait to see it
    10-29-08 07:00 PM
    Another new question for someone, other than Rachel...she's helped me too much already haha.

I didn't purchase the monthly T-mobile insurance, so I'm ONLY covered by the 1 year insurance by Blackberry. If I change my housing, will they know?

I've heard so many stories about faulty curves, so I'm very afraid! This phone is supposed to last me until oct 2010!
    10-29-08 07:04 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD