I know this might not be a blackberry question, but I thought I would just ask because I am about to sign a new contract for my company.
    Does your employer have a business account with a carrier, or does your employer credit your paycheck a certain amount a month so you can go out and pick your own phone and carrier? As an employee, what option do you like better?
    04-17-09 03:32 PM
    I work for Sirius XM and they have a deal with Verizon that when I setup my work e-mail on the BB, I was automaticly signed up for the companies plan which discounts my bill 15%. I have no idea if they do the same with a BB from AT&T or not but I perfer to have my job pay for things directly rather an getting reimbursed. Its too easy to spend that money on something else!

I know this might not be a blackberry question, but I thought I would just ask because I am about to sign a new contract for my company.
    Does your employer have a business account with a carrier, or does your employer credit your paycheck a certain amount a month so you can go out and pick your own phone and carrier? As an employee, what option do you like better?
    04-17-09 04:53 PM
    I like having my own plan / phone, NO reimbursement, because then my work can't tell me you can't do such and such with your phone or tell me which carrier or phone I have to have.
    04-17-09 05:01 PM
    We have a business account for all company cell phones. All bills are reviewed monthly by the employee and supervisor and any personal airtime used is reimbursed to the company at a pre set rate ($0.10) per minute. I like this option better than providing my own phone and having to pay the bill, if the phone gets damaged while working the company replaces the device.
    04-17-09 05:09 PM
    I like having my own plan / phone, NO reimbursement, because then my work can't tell me you can't do such and such with your phone or tell me which carrier or phone I have to have.
    I feel the same exact way.
    04-17-09 05:31 PM
    My company supplies the devices and pays the monthly fees including the data fee. All the devices are on BES and completely exposed to the BES administrator. We have a very open IT policy and it is considered ok to use but not abuse it for personal use. We are encouraged to use BBM over texting because there is no additional charge for BBM. Our company culture is more message-based than phone based and we use our 200 or so BlackBerry devices extensively to maintain schedules and stay in touch with the world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 06:56 PM
    My company pays for my phone, but I have unlimited data and 900 minutes. Seeing as how the plan is unlimited data they set no restrictions.
    04-18-09 12:28 PM
    Well my company pays for my mine and it is wanted to be on our curves all the time but it does not help that I am a B2B rep and a event planner for Sprint/Nextel. But the company I work for is not corprate we have like 45 stores in Florida and keep growing. Any one need a Sprint/Nextel Phone?
    04-18-09 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD