I have tried loading a CD on to my device manager and transferring the songs on to my media card on my phone. I just started a workout program and don�t want to pay money for a music player when I pretty much already have one. I finally get them on my phone and for some reason the phone cant read the files.

I have heard of people that has put hundreds of songs on to their 8330 and have no problems getting them to work. Can some one help me with this or help me find a cheap site to down load music to my phone. I'm with Verizon not sure if that has anything to do with it. please help thank you
    Last edited by Johnbatz; 01-24-09 at 11:52 AM.
    01-24-09 11:50 AM
    Rip the cd to your music folder on your computer first. Then hook up your blackberry via usb cable. If prompted on your device to allow mass storage mode select yes. Or go to options/media card and enable it there. Then your device will show up in "my computer" as a removable storage device. Open it and drag and drop your media there.
    01-24-09 11:56 AM
    Slacker offers a free music service/player that allows you to "cache" customized music stations (it also offers streaming music, but I recommend the cache feature). It's a really great app, although you don't get to pick a specific playlist, per se. The volume/mute functions are not quite as good as listening to stored music on the media player.

You can find it at http://m.slacker.com as well as your regular computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 02:36 PM
    Don't use Media Manager, just do like rlp32 says, it is much easier that way.

Make sure you put your music files in the Blackberry/Music folder.
    01-24-09 02:45 PM
    can u send music from here to ur pc or blackberry desk top
    01-24-09 02:59 PM
    yeah just get it loaded onto your micro SD and listen away....

I did it on a different phone and have just transfered the card to a few different phones
    01-24-09 03:00 PM
    can u send music from here to ur pc or blackberry desk top
    Where's here? Crackberry or your media card?
    01-24-09 03:00 PM
    from crackberry or any where
    01-24-09 03:02 PM
    trying to get ring tones
    01-24-09 03:05 PM
    i'm a new blackberry owner . . . does it have any issues playing an itunes music file?
    01-24-09 03:06 PM
    trying to get ring tones
    Ringtones are easy from CB. You can send them directly to your phone, or you can download them to your PC, then using Mass Storage Mode as rlp32 described above, transfer the file to your Media Card (Blackberry/Ringtones folder).
    01-24-09 03:07 PM
    Have another question is there a good or ez way to clean the track ball on the 8330? Normally it works fine but once in a while it gets stuck and u loose the full mobility of the track ball. Has anyone else come across that problem?
    01-25-09 10:07 AM
    01-25-09 10:50 AM
    Thanks all for helping me with my loading music on my berry I finally got it. Loaded like 5 cd's should keep me busy for a little bit while I'm at the gym. Thanks again !
    01-25-09 10:38 PM
    PS thanks 4 the thread
    01-25-09 10:39 PM
    I was attempting to load approx 155 songs onto my 8g media card and while the download is running, it's loading some of the songs, while others are skipped, the titles left in orange and there's an exclamation point in front of the title..

why is that?? anyone know?

Thanks in advance..
    01-27-09 09:39 PM
    Don't use Media Manager, just do like rlp32 says, it is much easier that way.

Make sure you put your music files in the Blackberry/Music folder.
    Easier said than done......I've been trying to do this for over 2 hours......
    08-01-09 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD