i'm concerned that if i lose my BB or it breaks i will have no insight on my calendar or contacts via a PC. with my Palm device Palm Desktop allows you to view everything on your Palm Device via Palm Desktop on the PC, but BlackBerry Desktop does not seem to have this... i hope i'm just a newb and am missing sumthing... i transferred all my contact info from a Sony Clie to my BB Curve 8330 via Sprint but just want PC access to my data if the most unfortunate should happen... thanks for your help!
    08-22-09 01:22 PM
    BlackBerry has no app similar to the Palm Desktop where you can see your information. Make sure you create backups. And if you want to see your information on the desktop, you need to synchronize the device to Outlook, or you can use Google to sync over-the-air and also with your desktop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 01:32 PM
    this seems pathetic too me, but i guess it is the way it is.. i don't have Outlook on my home PC.. i do use google sync though soooo i guess i have to rely on that if i F up and lose my BB... i thought this was the case based on my internet searches, but wanted a person to tell me... kind of disappointed with RIM really... besides this, the BB is the best device i've ever owned.. and i'm 1 picky *******!.... is there a Freeware version of "OutLook" i can DL??? Thanks for all the help :-)
    08-22-09 01:40 PM
    I know a lot of people who use OpenOffice.Org (you'll need to google it, I don't have enough posts for a direct link) in place of MS Outlook. I don't know if it's compatible with the BB though...never tried that.
    08-23-09 03:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD