I will be giving my Curve 8530 to my daughter. I have OS upgraded to OS 5.0.0.973. I want to remove all of my contacts and email so she can put hers on when we activate it on her number. I don't want to do a hard re-set because I want to retain the OS update and the app she will use like Facebook, Twitter, etc. Is there a fast way to do this without deleting them one by one?
    12-17-10 01:14 PM
    Easiest way would be to security wipe the phone. Options > Security
    Menu and then wipe handheld.

If you want to avoid it then your going to have to delete it one by one.
    As for emails and messages just go to the top of your messaeg lista nd select menu and delete prior
    12-17-10 01:19 PM
    Won't the security wipe remove the existing 3rd party apps and restore it to the OS it cam with instead of retaining the updated OS?
    12-17-10 01:59 PM
    On the 8130 a Security Wipe will wipe the Personal Data from the phone.

I do not believe that the 8130 has the capability of wiping and leaving the 3rd party apps on the phone.

Try this.

Connect the phone to Desktop Manager on your PC and go to Backup/Restore and then to Advanced. This will display a list of databases on the phone. Select the ones you wish to zero and then press the Clear button for each in turn.

You should see that the entry count for each database goes to zero after each successive cycle. Ovbiously you will want to zap Contacts, Calendar, Messages (all types), MemoPad, Call history.

This sounds a bit daunting until you actually see the list and get a couple of results under your belt.
    12-17-10 02:06 PM
    Won't the security wipe remove the existing 3rd party apps and restore it to the OS it cam with instead of retaining the updated OS?
    No, it will clear the data. If you check the box for 3rd party apps it will remove them. It doesn't restore the original OS.

On the 8130 a Security Wipe will wipe the Personal Data from the phone.

I do not believe that the 8130 has the capability of wiping and leaving the 3rd party apps on the phone.
    I think OP said Curve 8530 with OS5
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-17-10 at 02:12 PM.
    12-17-10 02:10 PM
    No, it will clear the data. If you check the box for 3rd party apps it will remove them. It doesn't restore the original OS.

I think OP said Curve 8530 with OS5
    Oh, duh. I looked at his profile. Sorry. Senior moment there guys.

Under OS 5 you can go to Options, Security Options, Security Wipe and then select from:

- Emails, Contacts, etc.
    - User Installed Applications
    - Media Card

to wipe.
    12-17-10 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD