Hi, I'm trying to find out if my daughter's Blackberry Curve 9320 is locked to a cell provider. How do I do that? Also, I removed the SIM card because I want to sell the phone. Does removing the SIM card affect whether the phone is locked or not?
    09-26-15 08:32 PM
    It won't work on SIM cards from other cell providers. Also, there is what they call "escreen", I just don't know if there is an information there regarding whether it is locked on a particular network.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    09-26-15 08:52 PM
    Oh, you don't need to mess with the e-screens to figure out whether or not the phone is unlocked. Either try a different carrier's SIM card, or just go to Settings>Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>SIM Card. Then type mepd and some information should show up on the screen, which looks like this:

SIM:
    Network:
    Network Subset:
    Service Provider:
    Corporate:

If your phone is locked, Service Provider and/or Network will show Active or Enabled. If you see Disabled or Inactive across the board, your phone is unlocked.
    09-26-15 09:36 PM
    Oh, you don't need to mess with the e-screens to figure out whether or not the phone is unlocked. Either try a different carrier's SIM card, or just go to Settings>Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>SIM Card. Then type mepd and some information should show up on the screen, which looks like this:

SIM:
    Network:
    Network Subset:
    Service Provider:
    Corporate:

If your phone is locked, Service Provider and/or Network will show Active or Enabled. If you see Disabled or Inactive across the board, your phone is unlocked.
    Upon reading your instructions, I tried to find a similar area in my Q10.

Would you happen to know if I am looking at the right area to know if I am unlocked judging from this photo?

How do I know if my Blackberry Curve is locked to a cell provider?-img_20150927_111845.png

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    09-27-15 10:21 AM
    Upon reading your instructions, I tried to find a similar area in my Q10.

Would you happen to know if I am looking at the right area to know if I am unlocked judging from this photo?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150927_111845.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	373318
    You found it--that's exactly where you're supposed to look on BB10 phones.

Your Q10 is locked though. See that Unlock Network button? That is not there when a phone is unlocked.
    09-27-15 10:35 AM
    You found it--that's exactly where you're supposed to look on BB10 phones.

Your Q10 is locked though. See that Unlock Network button? That is not there when a phone is unlocked.
    Now, I know. Thank you for your help!

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    09-27-15 02:49 PM