I am trying to unlock all of the themes. I changed the blackberry.xls file to fit what people have mentioned here. However, when I connect my BB and strat the desktop manager, it doesn't prompt me to update the OS.

Is there anyway to force it to update? thanks for any help.
    09-19-07 10:42 AM
    If your not updating the OS it will not prompt you, and i hope you mean the Blackberry.alx files..not .xls..first off download your BB OS, install it to your computer, find the install and delete the Vendor.xml file (I assume you made it this far, as you have already edited the BB.alx), plug device into computer, run the application loader you should see a screen listing ALL of the changeable options for your blackberry, languages, sample video etc..etc..just follow along with that and it will begin the reloading process of your OS, once done if you edited you Blackberry.alx correctly you will have unlocked all the themes....or just simply go to the application loader..in the top right go to where it says ADD..browse to the blackberry.alx and load it, to make it short and sweet
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 09-19-07 at 11:13 AM.
    09-19-07 11:09 AM
    thanks blaze. However, I run into two problems. The first is that when I try to run the application loader straight out, at the point where I am at device application selection, when I try to press next on that, an error msg pops up. " the application Browser can not be loaded because it requires the following application that are not available. net.rim.blackberry.xml "

the second problem is that when I click on ADD and choose blackberry.alx, it simply tells me that no new application has been found.

help please~~~
    09-19-07 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD