When I used Mark/Space, it made triple copies of some contacts. Im using Pocketmac now and when I try to overwrite the contacts on the phone with my address book on my mac, it syncs rather than overwrites, although I have "overwrite" checked.

Is there a way to wipe out my contacts and transfer fresh?
    07-15-09 03:08 PM
    Synch with a blank Outlook contact folder.
    07-15-09 03:41 PM
    Im on a Mac so I use its Mail program and Address Book...
    07-15-09 07:14 PM
    I'm sure you know it but just incase i wanted to say.. you can also download a Desktop Manager for Mac. it would help to make your stuffs more easier.. Link is :

BlackBerry - BlackBerry for Mac
    07-15-09 07:19 PM
    Thanks but as I wrote above...Im using Pocketmac now and when I try to overwrite the contacts on the phone with my address book on my mac, it syncs rather than overwrites, although I have "overwrite" checked.

Its that very program that im having a problem with. Its not overwriting my contacts...
    Last edited by JD76; 07-15-09 at 07:31 PM.
    07-15-09 07:29 PM
    Use a pc tempoarily. Surely u have nerdy pc friends.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 09:41 PM
    I'm having similar issues with PocketMac. Either I get duplicates in my calendar and contacts, or I lose entries. People have suggested Missing Sync, but that's not in my budget at the moment. PocketMac is free, but screws up my data.
    07-18-09 08:25 PM
    I downloaded the Blackberry Desktop Manager for Windows using VMWare Fusion. It allowed me to delete my calendar entries, which was also a problem. It says I have no Contacts entries, which I do. Any idea how to delete something it says is not there?
    07-19-09 12:39 AM
    Synch with a blank Outlook contact folder.
    Correct..........
    07-19-09 02:25 AM
    Here's what I did on iMac :- Pair your 8900 with the Mac, then goto Manage Connections > Bluetooth Options > In the Bluetooth Options You'll See Your Paired Device (The Mac) Highlight it and then hit the Blackberry Menu Key You will get the option to Transfer Contacts, Receive this file on your Mac It'll be called Contacts.vcf. Now Goto to address-book in mac select all contacts and hit the delete key on the keyboard. All the contacts will be deleted from address book. Now Open Pocket Manager and sync 8900 with your Mac, all the contacts will be deleted (make sure you select to overwrite 8900) . . . So after the Sync we are left with no contacts on Mac or 8900. Unplug the 8900 from the Mac and double click the contacts.vcf file you sent to your Mac from the 8900, address-book will open up and ask if you want to add them, after all contacts have been added you'll have to sort / remove the duplicate entries etc etc manually from Mac. Once your address-book contacts are all sorted Just re-sync this time set it to either sync both ways or replace all on the 8900 either way it won't make any difference since you have nothing on the 8900 to sync with lol. I know it's kind of a pita but it works well. Cheers.
    Last edited by Mustafa_1969; 07-19-09 at 05:09 AM.
    07-19-09 04:47 AM
    This is why Macs are on 95% on the world's desktops. They are so easy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 11:58 AM
    Lazerus: more like - this is why RIM needs to join the rest of the world in 2009 and release a MAC compatible Desktop Manager...

Thanks Mustafa... I went over to my parents house and used their (slow, heartwrenching) PC to erase my contacts database thru Desktop Manager and resynched with my Mac..
    Last edited by JD76; 07-19-09 at 12:13 PM.
    07-19-09 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD