I have recieved a blackberry but the Camera function has been disabled.
    Does anyone know how to enable this function?

Thks

Andy
    08-17-09 07:43 AM
    Are you talking about the side convenience key? It should be setup already but if not, go to Options>>Screen/Keyboard>>Right or Left Convenience Key (whichever you prefer) and change the option to Camera.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 08:01 AM
    i bet you can do a search on google? it would be faster
    08-17-09 08:30 AM
    i bet you can do a search on google? it would be faster
    Why don't you just answer the question instead of telling people to search!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 08:51 AM
    Yes, besides the google would probably send him right back here to CB!

Unfortunately I myself don't have an answer.
    08-17-09 09:48 AM
    is it something you purchased personally or is it a worked issued BB? If it's a work issued one, if you are on a BES they have probably disabled it with the IT policyand you can't get it turned on. If it's something you purchased yourself used, check to make sure there isn't an IT policy on it from the previous owner. Options>Secutiry> Generaly Settings> Check for an IT policy under "Services". If there's nothing there then it doesn't have one. Then I would suggest an OS reload, if it does have one, search on here, "How to remove IT Policy." If you bought it new and it doesn't work then I would take it back and get it replaced.
    08-17-09 10:07 AM
    Yes it does have an IT policy lock. I will check if I can find a note on How to remove IT Policy.

Thanks

Andycap
    08-18-09 04:51 AM
    I've now found out it's a company policy to disable cameras on phone.
    is it possible to remove just this policy?
    08-18-09 05:36 AM
    Search on crackberry for "How to remove IT Policy"....and if theres nothing here...just google it...i know it's on google
    08-18-09 09:15 AM
    Hold on a second. Was this phone issues to you by the company you work for? If so, don't go messing around trying to remove that IT Policy or you might find yourself without a job. If your company does not want you to have a camera then that's just how it is.
    08-18-09 10:20 AM
    You should try and contact the server admin for the BES server that is applying the IT policy. I have found that most IT departments, will allow you to use the camera if it is not a company policy. Just remember, the change does not affect every phone in the company, it affects yours. all BES policies can be adjusted per user.

just to let you know , if you wipe the IT policies on your phone with instructions you find on this forum. they will all re-appear when you sync your desktop manager and connect to the BES again to set up your corporate email. Those instructions are in place to help somebody who has purchased a phone with IT policies already applied.
    Last edited by T3k; 08-18-09 at 02:32 PM.
    08-18-09 02:30 PM
    Do not try to remove IT policies from your device if it was issued to you by your employer because you can find yourself out of a job. Ask the BES admin to see if you can use the camera if it's not company policy. If they say no then you can't use the camera on your device.
    08-18-09 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD