Hi
    I am trying to download the tether exe file to my blackberry sd card so I can transfer it to my laptop so I can use the program. But when I click on the link in the email they sent I get a error saying file too large. I know that can't be right as I got an 8 gig sd card. Can someone walk me trhu this plz? I am using the blackberry browser but have bolt too still can't figure it out Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-10 11:45 PM
    Hi
    I am trying to download the tether exe file to my blackberry sd card so I can transfer it to my laptop so I can use the program. But when I click on the link in the email they sent I get a error saying file too large. I know that can't be right as I got an 8 gig sd card. Can someone walk me trhu this plz? I am using the blackberry browser but have bolt too still can't figure it out Thanks

BlackBerrys can't run EXE files, they run .JAD files. You have to download Tether from the App World, you cannot use the EXE file on your computer and transfer it to your BlackBerry, and run it. That doesn't work.
    06-30-10 11:52 PM
    Hi
    I understand I can't run the exe on my blackberry. That's not what I want to do. I am trying to download the exe file and TRANSFER it to my laptop and run the exe there. I do not have internet access so I can't download it directly to my laptop. Basically just want to sload it to my sd card, then trfer like I would a pic or mp3. Does this make better sense? Thanks in advance for help, this is pretty frustrating

07-01-10 12:12 AM
    Anyone help me?? Plz

07-01-10 02:13 AM
    You are right. I just tried the download. It is too larger and blackberry.net won't let you download it.

I think that you only option will be to find a friend with a PC and download the Tether app to that PC and then copy the .exe to your BlackBerry. You will need to temporarily install BlackBerry Desktop Manager on the target PC so that the drivers for the BlackBerry are installed.

You could alspo use a USB drive to copy the .exe to if you have one.

Here are the links to the latest beta version of Tether.

Tether 1.4 Beta
    Download PC files:
    If you already have Tether installed on your machine download this setup:
    http://tether.com/t/backups/1.4/setup.exe

If not download this version:
    http://tether.com/t/backups/1.4/setupdrv.exe

Download BlackBerry file:
    Open your browser on your BlackBerry and visit the following url:
    http://tether.com/t/backups/1.4/tether.jad
    07-01-10 03:29 AM
    Podtrapper can do large file downloads to your 'berry - there's a free trial, so shouldn't be a problem to check out:-

VersatileMonkey.com - BlackBerry software including PodTrapper, the podcast manager | VersatileMonkey.com

When it's running, press your BB key, and select Download File, then just type in the relevant link that Pete6 has posted above, and it'll download.

Win!

BarlJo
    07-01-10 03:35 AM
    There is a way, I'll post back after I get some sleep. Will allow you to download files no matter the size.

And that will probably kill your savings since the bill might incur some fair use fees.

But just give me a few hours, I'll be rested and able to find the guide.

EDIT: Or not... Here it is: Download ANY file size via BlackBerry Browser
    Last edited by diegonei; 07-01-10 at 03:40 AM.
    07-01-10 03:36 AM
    There is a way, I'll post back after I get some sleep. Will allow you to download files no matter the size.

And that will probably kill your savings since the bill might incur some fair use fees.

But just give me a few hours, I'll be rested and able to find the guide.

EDIT: Or not... Here it is: Download ANY file size via BlackBerry Browser
    I am actually trying to test this out right now.. this is a good tip although might not be for everyone considering they may not read correctly or not know how to fix all the things it messes up. I appreciate the information
    07-01-10 04:12 AM
    Worked well diegonal, thanks for the post

07-01-10 04:41 AM
    Podtrapper can do large file downloads to your 'berry - there's a free trial, so shouldn't be a problem to check out:-

VersatileMonkey.com - BlackBerry software including PodTrapper, the podcast manager | VersatileMonkey.com

When it's running, press your BB key, and select Download File, then just type in the relevant link that Pete6 has posted above, and it'll download.

Win!

BarlJo
    Great tip! I've used Podtrapper for ages and didn't know it could do that. Thanks.
    07-01-10 05:05 AM
    I am actually trying to test this out right now.. this is a good tip although might not be for everyone considering they may not read correctly or not know how to fix all the things it messes up. I appreciate the information
    I only used it long enough for a test (then a new hybrid came out... ).

Did you guys try downloading long attachments? Does it work there as well?
    Last edited by diegonei; 07-01-10 at 12:07 PM.
    07-01-10 09:56 AM
    It should do, diegonei - I believe that the developer included that option as he'd already done the work to enable large podcasts to be downloaded.

BarlJo
    07-01-10 11:42 AM
    It should do, diegonei - I believe that the developer included that option as he'd already done the work to enable large podcasts to be downloaded.

BarlJo
    I'm not talking about podtrapper. I am asking about the fix I linked to.

EDIT: My bad, I just noticed I quoted the wrong post. Fixed now.
    07-01-10 12:06 PM
    Hi
    I understand I can't run the exe on my blackberry. That's not what I want to do. I am trying to download the exe file and TRANSFER it to my laptop and run the exe there. I do not have internet access so I can't download it directly to my laptop. Basically just want to sload it to my sd card, then trfer like I would a pic or mp3. Does this make better sense? Thanks in advance for help, this is pretty frustrating

Do you have a Wi-Fi card on your laptop? Would you be able to visit a Wi-Fi hotspot (McDonald's, coffee house, library, etc.) and download it directly to your laptop over Wi-Fi?
    07-01-10 12:35 PM
    Ok downloaded podtrapper. Now it says my service is disabled or unavailable at the bottom of the podtrapper main screen. But its not as I'm here what am I doing wrong now? I have full bars and everything ugh! But thanks again so far for all help sofar. If someone can just get me to the finishline here hehe

07-01-10 12:59 PM
    Hi

Sorry for misunderstanding your question.

I'm pretty sure Diego or somebody else will be able to help you because I don't really know a way to download huge files on your phone.
    07-01-10 02:01 PM
    Sorry for misunderstanding your question.

I'm pretty sure Diego or somebody else will be able to help you because I don't really know a way to download huge files on your phone.
    I already did... Up to him to put it to use now.

Here's proof it works. I was actually on Wi-Fi then, but for some reason NET Browser didn't show the wifi logo.

07-01-10 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD