06-12-08 01:59 PM
26 12
tools
    Oh my god what do I need a laptop for now??? I just stumbled upon the option for style sheets in the browser! Its like wow real web pages! What the heck how did I miss this? The pages now look so true on my curve! I am in heaven not stuck in the oversized text web pages !! I love my blackberry !! I am so addicted its not funny!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-08 09:08 PM
    Hmmm...interesting...
    06-11-08 10:29 PM
    I wouldn't depend on your berry as a main source for internet browsing though

06-12-08 03:08 AM
    I wouldn't depend on your berry as a main source for internet browsing though

I hear ya. Berry's are great, but I didnt spend $1200 on this laptop for nothing.
    06-12-08 03:55 AM
    I think you still need your laptop some point so keep it. Am sure most of us here has berries and laptops!

06-12-08 03:58 AM
    I think you still need your laptop some point so keep it. Am sure most of us here has berries and laptops!

p1nk, you'd be surprised that so many people around here have said that they use their laptops a whole lot less since getting a BB. I bought my MacBook and data card in Feb '08, so since I have to pay for the data for 2 years, I might as well use it like crazy- which I basically do when I'm places that I'm going to be at for a while.

IMO, internet capabilities on a phone are a convience; not a necessity- but that's just me.
    06-12-08 04:03 AM
    I never ever browse the web on the Blackberry. However, I have gone on trips without my laptop. Blackberry email is a blessing.
    06-12-08 04:07 AM
    ScandaLex, I know what u mean, that's was what ithought wen I got my bb, I thought there's no need to get broadband for the lappie until I had some school work to do and realised how good it was to have both. Bb browing are mostly when am away or I use that just for convinience and the fact that its there.

06-12-08 04:15 AM
    I never ever browse the web on the Blackberry. However, I have gone on trips without my laptop. Blackberry email is a blessing.
    Out of curiousity- why not?

I do use the internet on my BB, but it's not my only means of getting to the internet when away from home.
    06-12-08 04:15 AM
    I was just being funny , my laptop is still a neccesity! I was just elated seeing how much better the web pages look now and how easy it is to navigate! I do browse a few forums on my bb and now even more browsing

06-12-08 05:47 AM
    I use my BB as a tethered modem alot
    06-12-08 06:10 AM
    At least you are happy with your BB. That is all it counts.
    06-12-08 06:15 AM
    I'm still looking for my PDA solution thats like a laptop in my pocket. I only seen a couple devices out there that are really just miniaturized actual laptops. they run like XP and boot like PC/laptops do. Palm almost released the Folio which was a step closer to that laptop in my pocket style PDA but lacked in a couple areas that were promised so long ago to be in their new devices. So I guess in a way that its a good thing they cancelled that Folio to work on making the product better. I've spent very little time looking around since then to see whats out there.
    06-12-08 08:22 AM
    How can I d this on my BB?
    06-12-08 08:33 AM
    I'm still looking for my PDA solution thats like a laptop in my pocket. I only seen a couple devices out there that are really just miniaturized actual laptops. they run like XP and boot like PC/laptops do. Palm almost released the Folio which was a step closer to that laptop in my pocket style PDA but lacked in a couple areas that were promised so long ago to be in their new devices. So I guess in a way that its a good thing they cancelled that Folio to work on making the product better. I've spent very little time looking around since then to see whats out there.
    Hehe, you want a Sony UX thumb keyboard, 1200x600 screen i think, wifi, and a cell radio (sprint evdo i think?). or maybe a vulcan flipstart. One or two others but I cna't think of their names, OQO maybe?
    06-12-08 08:41 AM
    what do u mean by "style sheets"? please explain what they do, and how to turn them on.
    06-12-08 09:10 AM
    Hey - if you didn't have a laptop where would you go to delete that worthless Roxio Media Manager? LOL
    06-12-08 10:11 AM
    If you go to the options menu when your in your browser. Go to browser configuration and make sure html tables and style sheets are checked and then enjoy the new look of the pages you visit. I was amazed at the difference

06-12-08 10:34 AM
    Hey - if you didn't have a laptop where would you go to delete that worthless Roxio Media Manager? LOL
    Oh yessss!
    06-12-08 10:54 AM
    I just set mine. At first I was like, ok, how much of a difference can it make? I checked ALL my settings and was like, D@#^! ..what a difference!
    06-12-08 11:20 AM
    Ugh, I can't help it, but I still can't stand the BB Browser... I'm an Opera Mini fan. I like looking at the page exactly as it is on a desktop.

Plus, it takes me half the time to navigate.

But a sweet tip nonetheless for BB Browser users
    06-12-08 11:30 AM
    Heyyyyyyyyyyy...............I love my pearl too.
    06-12-08 12:34 PM
    I just changed mine thanks.

I access the internet about 80% of the time from my BB. I have a desktop and a laptop at home. And with a wife taking on line classes and all three kids doing school projects in powerepoint, there is very little time for me on the computer

06-12-08 01:02 PM
    Wow I love Crackberry. Learn something new all the time.
    Just changed my settings...........I love it. Thanks
    06-12-08 01:10 PM
    Just too cool!!!

06-12-08 01:36 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD