I've looked over the forum but can't find the answer to my situation. I recently reformatted the OS on the Curve 8320.

The home page was fine, nothing was there except the basic stuff like the message, phone, options, connection, etc. No applications. As I wanted Facebook I turned on the connections so I could go to the Internet and download Facebook. Well, as soon as the mobile network connection clicked in, all sorts of icons popped up on the home page. MySpace, Flickr, Google Talk, Zoompass, Windoes Live Messenger, yadda, yadda.

I went to the Applications but there wasn't any of those applications to delete off the Blackberry.

I then went to the Desktop Manager, and again nothing to delete (other than Facebook).

I ended up doing the "Hide" for all those icons but every time I downloaded a new application that I wanted, everything I didn't want came back on screen.

How do I delete unwanted applications off the Blackberry so they don't keep coming back every time I turn it on?
    08-04-10 07:54 PM
    You can't delete them. They are pushed by the carrier. They are only launchers and not the actual applications unless you click on them and install them. Hide the icons and forget about them.
    08-04-10 08:10 PM
    well, hiding the icons irks me because they are deep down somewhere, and I don't want them. For example, I download a supposedly great app but it turned out to be foolish! Another thing who knows if the hidden icons aren't wasting memory
    12-17-10 08:10 AM
    Like Moto Mama said, they are only pointers to the actual apps and don't take up enough memory to blink about. You can hide em or make a folder and drag them into it and forget em.
    12-17-10 08:15 AM
    well, hiding the icons irks me because they are deep down somewhere, and I don't want them. For example, I download a supposedly great app but it turned out to be foolish! Another thing who knows if the hidden icons aren't wasting memory
    Well, you need to get past "I don't want them" because there isn't anything you can do about the carrier pushed launchers currently. Plus the launchers take up minimal space.

If, however, YOU downloaded and installed an application, that is a different situation. You can easily delete THOSE applications through the Application list menu.
    12-17-10 11:54 AM
    Well, you need to get past "I don't want them" because there isn't anything you can do about the carrier pushed launchers currently. Plus the launchers take up minimal space.

If, however, YOU downloaded and installed an application, that is a different situation. You can easily delete THOSE applications through the Application list menu.
    Funny thing is that some don't appear on the Application list.
    12-17-10 12:12 PM
    Funny thing is that some don't appear on the Application list.
    That's because they aren't applications. They are weblinks pushed by the carrier. They appear in Options/Advanced Options/Service Books. Every time you reboot they get pushed. You could delete them from your service books, but they'll reappear when you reboot. Take a deep breath, exhale, create a folder call Pushed Weblinks, hide the folder and move all the shortcuts into that folder. As long as you don't download a new theme you'll be ok. It takes less than 10 minutes.
    12-17-10 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD