I am trying to help a friend setup IMAP on Outlook 2013 with a BB Curve and Bell Sympatico (Canadian ISP).
    The Bell account is a residential account and he does not have any sort of corporate BlackBerry Email, Exchange Server, etc.
    Basically, what he would like is that if he deletes an Email on either Outlook 2013 or the BlackBerry, the Email should delete from the other device.
    However what is happening is the following:
    1. Configure Outlook 2013 for IMAP.
    2. Close Outlook 2013.
    3. Power-up the BlackBerry Curve.
    4. I sent a test Email to his Bell Sympatico account.
    5. It appears on his BB, he chooses to delete the Email from his phone and server.
    6. Start Outlook 2013 and the Email that he just deleted from the BB appears in Outlook.

Is there a setting that I am missing?
    Thank you in advance for all assistance.
    07-16-14 12:04 PM
    Are you sure time is not a factor here? Some times it can take a bit of time for the emails to get deleted off the server and out of outlook. Also check the settings in outlook and make sure it's not set to save a copy of the email locally.
    07-22-14 07:59 AM
    Are you sure time is not a factor here? Some times it can take a bit of time for the emails to get deleted off the server and out of outlook. Also check the settings in outlook and make sure it's not set to save a copy of the email locally.
    Well, the test involved a new Email and Outlook was closed at the beginning.
    So, I don't think that it was a matter of saving a copy locally.
    From a practical point of view, how long do you think we should wait after asking the BB to delete the Email from the device and server before starting Outlook and checking there?
    07-22-14 08:11 AM
    Well, the test involved a new Email and Outlook was closed at the beginning.
    So, I don't think that it was a matter of saving a copy locally.
    From a practical point of view, how long do you think we should wait after asking the BB to delete the Email from the device and server before starting Outlook and checking there?
    It should sync up in a few minutes BUT I have seen it take up to an hour.
    07-22-14 12:30 PM
    It should sync up in a few minutes BUT I have seen it take up to an hour.
    I will try again and wait 2 hours.
    Thank you.
    07-22-14 11:11 PM