The Push To Talk app that came on my AT&T 8310 Curve won't close entirely, or clear off my "switch application" list. I've never used it, although when I clicked it to try to properly close it, it prompted me to install or not. Obviously I chose "no". (It also said charges will apply if I choose 'yes.")

I can't find a way to delete this from my phone either.

Is it using memory or battery life, the way other improperly closed apps do? Or is it similar to Address Book and Messages in that it will always be on the 'switch application' list, whether it's closed properly or not?

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 04:17 PM
    (Sorry, realized it's Messages and Phone that are ever-present, not Address Book)

03-02-09 04:20 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/

CM will remove it.. its fairly easy, make sure you have your OS downloaded and installed to your PC.. connect BB to DM, make sure it recognises you pin, close DM, open CM.. verify the OS is correct (hit the verify os button) to the right, put a check mark in remove PTT - execute selection, exit. open DM.. app loader.. next.. finish... DM will tell you its removing the PTT modules.
    03-02-09 04:29 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/

CM will remove it.. its fairly easy, make sure you have your OS downloaded and installed to your PC.. connect BB to DM, make sure it recognises you pin, close DM, open CM.. verify the OS is correct (hit the verify os button) to the right, put a check mark in remove PTT - execute selection, exit. open DM.. app loader.. next.. finish... DM will tell you its removing the PTT modules.
    Thanks for that info, but is there a way to close it without removing it?
    03-02-09 05:07 PM
    I have no idea, I dont have PTT on mine, its an ATT thing
    03-02-09 05:08 PM
    IF you are hitting the button by accident and that is the issue and you dont want to remove it just re-assign the key from options>screen/keyboard

Look for the convenience key that says push to talk and set it to something else........ I set left side key to lock the phone and right is camera..... good luck

BTW - I removed PTT from my phone, useless to me and takes up room/memory
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-02-09 at 05:15 PM.
    03-02-09 05:11 PM
    Thanks! I'll have to try it later.
    I reassigned that key a *looooong* time ago due to the accidental pushing. I wonder if the accidental pushing is what caused it to show up in the first place.

However, I did realize that it's an ever-present one in the 'switch application' list, since doing a battery pull closes all applications...and it's still there.

Does it free a lot of memory when you fully delete it? Like, at least a million bytes, to add to the smooth-running of the Berry?

03-04-09 10:43 AM
    It's impossible to close PTT from the switch application menu. It is everpresent unless it is not installed when you install the OS.
    03-04-09 01:49 PM
    I used maxmem today to remove mine. There is an ota link and everything worked great!! I am up to 13Mb of memory now (still a work in progress)

03-04-09 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD