Hi everybody,
    I forgot to present myself, so I'm a polish student, I live Paris (informatics, networks, electronics) and I'm well skilled in computer fixing, phones fixing (blackberrys, iphones, and other phones), and I use to fix computers, or mobile phones at school This time the thing i got to fix this time is on my own blackberry curve 8520: I'm asking you for helping to change the memory card reader which one i damaged while I was changing the whole housing of my curve 8520: the memory card can no more be read (due to fatals errors), and i'm pretty sure that it's because of the fact that i forgot to take out the media card before changing the housing: i forced then a little bit cause i wasn't aware that there was a media card in: so i think i think that the soldering beetween the pcb and the memory card reader has been broken... Does someone know how to change the memory card reader? eBay | BlackBerry Curve 8520 Memory Card Reader Replacement UK The memory card works without any doubt Thx for your help and sorry for my low english lvl... hope i'll improve it soon
    07-10-13 04:50 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

Ack man, tough luck!.. Well, there should be no secrets here, specially since you got experience with this kinda of stuff. Take the device apart, remove the damaged bit and solder the new one back. I'd check SW-Box and TrueSupplier for the parts you might need, they usually have good prices.

Alternatively, you could try contacting BlackBerry and having them do it for you (which would be the thing I'd try 1st, but that's me - the guy that can't fix anything!).
    07-10-13 04:57 PM
    Thank you a lot for your fast reply ok so first i'll try to ask them if they would be able to fix it, but is it still possible since my bberry is no longer under warranty?? it's a friend who gave me it with a broken screen and damaged trackball so i changed everything by myself, and i'm pretty sure that the phone is 3 years old maybe older... I've checked both of the website you linked me, the both have really god hardware, but there is one thing they do not have is the memory card slot, they have the sim card slot, but I don't need this one :'( i was thinking also thinking if change my curve would be a good way out, cause the newest curve the 9360 is interestning me, cause it seems to be faster, and sides keys on the housing seems to be more resistant, what do u think about the newest curve???
    07-11-13 05:14 PM
    It's worth a shot. My PlayBook wasn't under warranty either.

I'm not saying it will br free, but they are probably going to do something (even if just point you to the nearest repair shop).

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 07:58 PM