I created a new folder to put some icons in but it's just a plain looking folder. Lame. When I select the option to edit it there is an option to change the folder name and just below that is the icon. When I click that it highlights the icon like I should be able to scroll through options but nothing happens no matter which button I push. I don't want to change themes because I have heard of some negative things happening to things here and there so I'm fine with the default theme setting and just want to know if there's a way to change a single icon to something a little more exciting. If not it's not the end of the world but I was just wondering if I need to download an icon or change a setting I'm not aware of. If not it's all good as it really isn't the end of the world.

Thanks for the help.
    08-02-09 01:52 AM
    Once you highlight the folder, click menu and select edit folder you can click on the folder icon which will present you with some folder styles to choose from.
    08-02-09 09:35 AM
    Hey Zwood, Thanks for that tip!
    08-02-09 10:36 AM
    Just tried it on my 8900 and it worked great. Is there a way to get other folder icons downloaded as the ones included are rather limited.
    08-02-09 10:48 AM
    Once you highlight the folder, click menu and select edit folder you can click on the folder icon which will present you with some folder styles to choose from.
    That's what I'm saying... I'm doing that but when I click on the folder there are no styles to choose from. It seems there should be something to choose from but I have nothing. What am I doing wrong?
    08-02-09 11:39 AM
    That's what I'm saying... I'm doing that but when I click on the folder there are no styles to choose from. It seems there should be something to choose from but I have nothing. What am I doing wrong?
    Don't think your doing anything wrong. The folder files might have been removed during an OS install. I did the same thing to my wife's 8220 when I didn't install the sample media files and a few others I thought were junk.
    08-02-09 11:56 AM
    Don't think your doing anything wrong. The folder files might have been removed during an OS install. I did the same thing to my wife's 8220 when I didn't install the sample media files and a few others I thought were junk.
    Actually, I'm running the stock OS that came from T-Mobile but I did use MaxMem shortly after getting it and now that you mention that it reminds me that I probably deleted them. What's the best way to get just those icons back w/o an overhaul or adding a bunch of stuff I don't need/want?
    08-02-09 12:09 PM
    Actually, I'm running the stock OS that came from T-Mobile but I did use MaxMem shortly after getting it and now that you mention that it reminds me that I probably deleted them. What's the best way to get just those icons back w/o an overhaul or adding a bunch of stuff I don't need/want?
    Sorry but after my screwup and having to reload the OS I just installed it all and then used file management app to delete the photos. With the amount of memory the 8900 has and using a SD card for media and file storage there is no need to worry about saving 6 MB of space.
    08-02-09 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD