Hello everyone! I am using the Google calendar sync to push my Outlook appointments to my Google calendar, and then using the Google calendar app on my BB 8530 to download my consildated Outlook/Google calendar.

This works great, except for one problem. When I receive an invite for a meeting via my Exchange email on my device, it automatically adds it to my calendar, hence creating a duplicate calendar item.

In my calendar options on my BB, the "Wireless Sync" option is grayed out and set to "No." (since I don't use a BES connection)

How can I stop my BB from adding items to my calendar automatically when it sees the calendar invite in my email on the device?

I have Verizon service and use webmail to sync my Exchange email.

Thanks!
    Mike
    06-01-10 04:12 PM
    Someone has to have info on this. Anyone?
    06-03-10 12:37 PM
    Someone has to have info on this. Anyone?
    You really didn't provide enough details to get many responses. First, this doesn't sound like a phone issue, it sounds like a configuration issue within Outlook, but we don't know what version of Outlook you are using. I'm using Outlook 2003 at work and Outlook 2010 (beta) at home. In 2010 there are lots of settings for mobile syncing, but I don't think this is true for 2003, so it will really help us if we had a few more details. BTW, for 2010, click File>Options>Mobile and review those settings and see if they provide any clues.
    06-03-10 07:32 PM
    You really didn't provide enough details to get many responses. First, this doesn't sound like a phone issue, it sounds like a configuration issue within Outlook, but we don't know what version of Outlook you are using. I'm using Outlook 2003 at work and Outlook 2010 (beta) at home. In 2010 there are lots of settings for mobile syncing, but I don't think this is true for 2003, so it will really help us if we had a few more details. BTW, for 2010, click File>Options>Mobile and review those settings and see if they provide any clues.
    Agreed, it's not a phone problem but rather a change of configuration, but I have no idea where to make that change. I don't see anything on the device to make the change.

I use Outlook 2007 but don't think that's relevant. I use a webmail connection from my phone to sync to OWA.

Basically I want to tell the device that when it receives a meeting invite, DON'T add it to the calendar. It seems like a config at the device level, unless there is some way to stop my device from even receiving those invites.

Thanks!
    Mike
    06-04-10 12:30 PM
    Agreed, it's not a phone problem but rather a change of configuration, but I have no idea where to make that change. I don't see anything on the device to make the change.

I use Outlook 2007 but don't think that's relevant. I use a webmail connection from my phone to sync to OWA.

Basically I want to tell the device that when it receives a meeting invite, DON'T add it to the calendar. It seems like a config at the device level, unless there is some way to stop my device from even receiving those invites.

Thanks!
    Mike
    Arghhh, I wish I had to Outlook 2007 to play with. Is there a Mobile listing under Options in 2007? That is where I would start to look as in 2010, under Options is listed Mobile, under Mobile I can tailor all kinds of tags of what I want sent to my phone, but I just don't know if 2007 has this. Also, since I am on BES, I can't even really play with mine to give you a definitive answer.
    06-04-10 08:06 PM
    Whenever I receive a calendar invite for an event or meeting I have to choose whether to accept it or not. Is that not happening on your device?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-10 02:15 PM
    Whenever I receive a calendar invite for an event or meeting I have to choose whether to accept it or not. Is that not happening on your device?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I believe the OP means that once he accepts the invite, he gets a duplicate calendar entry.
    06-05-10 08:46 PM
    I believe the OP means that once he accepts the invite, he gets a duplicate calendar entry.
    Thanks for the replies! This is still a nagging issue for me, and once I get this solved I move on to a wireless calendar synching utopia.

I actually ignore invites sent to my BB. I accept them on my PC. I don't accept or deny them on my device, but as soon as they are received on my device they end up on my calendar anyway.

Thanks,
    Mike
    06-10-10 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD