I have an 8320. I do NOT have a bluetooth capable radio nor can I afford one (just getting that out there before someone says to). It also does not have anywhere to plug in any kind of cable. Is there anything like what my ipod uses to listen to music where I just plug it in and sync it with an fm station??
    01-19-09 10:38 AM
    Sure. Just use an FM transmitter and plug it into the headphone jack.
    01-19-09 10:43 AM
    If you have a cassette deck you can use a cassette adapter that plugs into your BB's headphone jack.

I use a Motorola T505 Bluetooth speaker phone that has an FM transmitter. I send music from my Curve to the MOTO which sends it via FM to my car radio. More on the $$ end, but certainly cheaper than a new radio.
    01-19-09 10:50 AM
    I don't have a cassette deck. But the bluetooth doesn't need a bluetooth radio??? interesting. I didn't know that. Thanks.
    01-19-09 11:15 AM
    I don't have a cassette deck. But the bluetooth doesn't need a bluetooth radio??? interesting. I didn't know that. Thanks.
    The MOTO has both bluetooth and FM transmitter.

BB bluetooth ---> MOTO FM transmitter ---> car radio.
    01-19-09 11:18 AM
    If you use a bluetooth hands-free, you will want a bluetooth solution as using the jack will render your BT inoperable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 11:23 AM
    You can buy a small FM transmitter that plugs into your headphone jack. This will send an FM signal to your car radio, just dial your radio into the channel selected on your transmitter, and you are rockin. These have between four and 10 channels to choose from and range from $10-30. Don't havwe to have the expense of a BT to your radio.

01-19-09 11:23 AM
    i use a FM Transmitter to listen to my music from my berry
    01-19-09 12:00 PM
    If you use a bluetooth hands-free, you will want a bluetooth solution as using the jack will render your BT inoperable.

Is there anyway to have use the bluetooth handsfree with the 3.5mm jack occupied? Is this something that blackberry can fix with a software update? How can I report this bug to blackberry?
    02-06-09 04:57 PM
    I just put my music on my berry via media card and turn the volume all the way up
    02-06-09 05:07 PM
    Is there anyway to have use the bluetooth handsfree with the 3.5mm jack occupied? Is this something that blackberry can fix with a software update? How can I report this bug to blackberry?
    I use an FM transmitter in my car all the time to listen to music on my BB through my car radio. My car radio is so old it doesn't even have a tape deck, much less any other compatibility.

The 3.5mm jack is used by my FM transmitter. I always have my bluetooth Jawbone headset on in the car, so when a call comes in, the music automatically shuts off and the phone rings in my bluetooth. The bluetooth and FM transmitter do not interfere with each other at all.

Hope this helps.
    02-06-09 06:12 PM
    I use an FM transmitter in my car all the time to listen to music on my BB through my car radio. My car radio is so old it doesn't even have a tape deck, much less any other compatibility.

The 3.5mm jack is used by my FM transmitter. I always have my bluetooth Jawbone headset on in the car, so when a call comes in, the music automatically shuts off and the phone rings in my bluetooth. The bluetooth and FM transmitter do not interfere with each other at all.

Hope this helps.
    Wow, what you describe is exactly the setup I'd like to have -- have calls routed to bluetooth even if 3.5mm jack is in use. What type of Curve do you have? What device software version are you using? Has it always been like this or did you have to do anything to get this setup to work?
    02-06-09 06:28 PM
    I have the Curve 8310. The KING of all of the 83XX series. J/K.

My device software is 4.5.0.110 - the latest official OS from ATT, which is my carrier (unfortunately).

This setup has worked for me right out of the box. I didn't do anything special to make it work.

At this point I don't know if I'm the rule or the exception. I just know that I love my BB. It's just worked great for me from day one.

Any other ATT 8310 users using this setup with the same great results?
    02-06-09 08:35 PM
    How about a set of headphones with the headphone jack? Is that too obvious?
    02-06-09 09:15 PM
    How about a set of headphones with the headphone jack? Is that too obvious?
    The goal is to use the bluetooth handsfree feature of the car and have music on the handset go through the car's speakers.

Did more testing and the problem only happens for incoming calls -- outgoing calls work as expected.
    02-06-09 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD