Hey everyone,

I have searched for this before and thought I came up with a solution. I want the keys to light up everytime I press a button on my Curve. I though BBLight was the fix for this but it doesnt appear to work. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!
    06-22-08 07:29 PM
    Really? Nothing?
    06-22-08 08:26 PM
    it should do that already. are you in a bright area or do you have the phone in stand by mode. if either of these are the case the keyboard won't light up
    06-22-08 09:20 PM
    It's not touch activated - it uses a light sensor.
    06-22-08 09:23 PM
    Yea, I know it uses a light sensor but i wanted to know if I can make it so that whenever I type on it it will light up the keyboard. Any ideas? I have the "auto-dim" set to "on".
    06-22-08 10:06 PM
    Press the space bar.
    06-23-08 12:39 AM
    Still to this day, I have not gotten this to work. Any ideas? Surely there must be a way to make the keyboard light up WHENEVER you touch it. Not just when the BB thinks its dark enough. Every cheap phone on the market lights up when you type on it, why not the Blackberry?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 11:48 PM
    Still to this day, I have not gotten this to work. Any ideas? Surely there must be a way to make the keyboard light up WHENEVER you touch it. Not just when the BB thinks its dark enough. Every cheap phone on the market lights up when you type on it, why not the Blackberry?

It's because the berry knows when to light up

08-07-08 02:24 AM
    Hey everyone,

I have searched for this before and thought I came up with a solution. I want the keys to light up everytime I press a button on my Curve. I though BBLight was the fix for this but it doesnt appear to work. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!
    Try to turn your "auto dim" off.
    08-07-08 02:49 AM
    Every cheap phone on the market lights up when you type on it, why not the Blackberry?
    Because the Blackberry is not a cheap phone and uses more battery power, on average, than those other phones. As such it is designed to try to save on battery power when it can.

That's not to say they shouldn't at least give you the option, but you asked for a reason.
    08-07-08 03:14 AM
    Ok, I have another question, then. What is the purpose of BBLight? What does this program do? I thought it was supossed to solve the whole keyboard not lighting up problem.

08-07-08 07:04 AM
    BBlight is designed to keep the screen on in certain user-selected situations. I used to have it set to stay on when on external power, so when it was charging, I could see the clock on my desk. To my knowledge, it didn't effect the keyboard at all.
    08-07-08 07:09 AM
    Well according to the description it's supposed to do what you are asking for. However, it's a 3rd party app that is not supported by RIM. Maybe try the uninstall/reinstall method, and if that doesn't work contact the developer.

EDIT: Chaz is right, the description says nothing about the keypad lighting.
    08-07-08 07:11 AM
    It's because the berry knows when to light up

Usually around 4:20
    08-07-08 08:00 AM
    Usually around 4:20

*Insert rimshot here*
    08-07-08 08:28 AM
    The light sensor in my curve is not working, resulting in the keyboard never lighting up. So, I am resurrecting this thread in case anyone has any idea. Thanks.

05-02-09 03:54 PM
    Light sensor thresholds can be controlled through an area in the engineering screens. That will also show you how much light your sensor sees.
    05-02-09 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD