Hi i recently brought a blackberry curve 8520 from the orange online shop on PAYG and i wanted to know how i can buy the 5 per month data plan. i've looked on the orange shop but i cant find nothing and i tried ringing up 450 but there is no option for me to start a data plan please could someone help me also what are the benefits of having a blackberry data plan

Thank you
    05-29-10 01:08 PM
    Very easy: Call them.

By them, I mean people. Not machines.
    05-29-10 01:26 PM
    ok i will ring them up also do you have to be over 18 because i am only 16 my brother brought the phone for me but the sim is registered under my name ?
    05-29-10 01:34 PM
    ok i will ring them up also do you have to be over 18 because i am only 16 my brother brought the phone for me but the sim is registered under my name ?
    If you are paying the bill and the phone is registered in your name, you should be able to add the data plan. The benefits are that you can use the internet, bbm, and a host of other apps.
    05-29-10 02:06 PM
    The bummer of the deal is that a data plan won't help with spelling, grammar or punctuation. But calling them is the plan, Stan.
    05-29-10 02:16 PM
    The bummer of the deal is that a data plan won't help with spelling, grammar or punctuation. But calling them is the plan, Stan.
    Yes, coherency is an acquired trait that most 16 year olds have not acquired.
    05-29-10 02:19 PM
    i came onto the forum to ask the exact same thing as cuzzy01, except my best friend recently got the same phone as me and i have 3 other mates who have the same model, who are also wondering how to get the instant messenger working

So is the data plan really worth it ? could you go into detail what sorta apps you mentioned ?

Say i'm on the data plan, see the messages i tried to send that are in red, will they send by hitting resend as i'm on a 5 data ?

I guess its safe to say people who aren't on the data plan can't recieve messages from those who are ?

.....I'm as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike when it comes to my BB. I gotta start to learn to put this thing threw the gears !
    05-29-10 04:32 PM

.....I'm as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike when it comes to my BB. I gotta start to learn to put this thing threw the gears !
    Great line! First Welcome to CrackBerry and the Addiction. An excellent first place to start is here:

BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com

Tons of great information. I remember my early days, I went through every chapter, with BB in hand, and tried as much as my phone could handle, I then moved on to the video tutorials. They have all proved invaluable in my learning to use my BB. So take your time, read the pieces that interest you and then come back and help other new users get the most out of their new BB's.
    05-29-10 06:17 PM
    Count your blessings. One can never have enough of AutoText...

To the 16 y.o OP: Have your brother call. Simple.
    05-29-10 07:37 PM
    Very easy: Call them.

By them, I mean people. Not machines.
    As Diegonei says, call them up. Doesn't matter that your 16, as long as you have you at least 5 of credit on your phone every month, then they'll add the data plan for you.
    05-30-10 07:16 AM
    Ok thanks for your help everyone
    05-30-10 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD