Meant to say APP STORAGE leak...

Hi there I have been having a app storage leak issue on my Blackberry Curve 9300 3G for some time now. Every day it seems it wants me to delete an application and if I do so the next day it will want me to delete another. I have deleted about like 15 or more apps and it still wants me to delete apps... How can I fix this and why is it doing this?

Here is my list of apps installed and/or seen in App World (some are not shown in App World): http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=8L72N2X0

Also when looking in Application Management Application Storage I notice that:
    I have 245.5 MB Used ; 1.5 MB Free
    147.7 MB is used by Applications
    79.8 MB is used by Other (What does this mean???)
    Last edited by Radical924; 04-20-14 at 12:58 PM.
    10-26-13 12:23 AM
    Go into options, device, storage and see what APPLICATION memory is. Not Sd card.....application.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 06:08 AM
    Go into options, device, storage and see what APPLICATION memory is. Not Sd card.....application.

Posted via CB10
    Dude I have a 4GB SD Card. The Information I gave you was my application memory. You cannot install applications to the SD card nor does it show up in application management... so idk what your talking about... This is my application memory!
    10-26-13 08:38 AM
    If you looked where I told you to look it would clearly show what application memory you have left....sd card doesn't come into this.

The 9300 with OS6 has an unfortunate habit if eating it's own memory....without regularly clearing out all caches etc the memory will drop like a stone....black clock, freezing etc.

Not only did I have a 9300 which constantly needed attention to keep it running smoothly, but in my time on the help pages I have resurrected many 9300 s from the brink of death.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 09:10 AM
    I haven't been able to stop any Curve in the 93xx range from suffering from awful memory leaks even with just the stock OS installed and that included BBOS 7.1 too of course.

I resigned myself to having to battery pull every day. I eventually bought an app that would reboot the phone at 7am each morning. The things BBOS users have to put up with.

I'm so glad my main phone is now a Z10, although a few days ago I moved up to a Torch 9860 as my second phone, no battery pulls required so far!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 09:17 AM
    I haven't found the same leak on the 9320 running OS7.1.....found I to be very stable. In fact I'm about to go back to it as my main phone and use the Z10 as a minimum I tablet.

The caches are the killer with legacy devices...especially the browser cache.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 09:23 AM
    If you looked where I told you to look it would clearly show what application memory you have left....sd card doesn't come into this.
    Posted via CB10
    Ummm well it is 0.0kb free... Even worse than I thought.... Why does it do this and is there any way I can fix it??? I am tired of it being like this my internet browser can't even load have the time or I have to pull the battery... not to mention I have had to delete half of my apps... I even tried completely reinstalling my OS from software error mode a while back (meaning nothing was installed at all - not even the OS) and it still does this ...
    10-27-13 02:42 PM
    A Blackberry stores things, offline, so you can view again later and not use data. So your browser gets pretty full of stored stuff. Open the browser, menu, scroll down to clear browsing data and you will find some rick boxes....passwords, history, cookies, cache, pushes content, download list. Tick them...unless you have emails and passwords that you want to keep..... all then clear now.

Look at any apps you have that you don't need. Go into options, device, applications and delete apps from there. Once deleted the phone will reboot.

If you have WhatsApp that will use a lot of memory. I've seen it take a stable 8520 down. Clear any messages and it in its settings it has a cache clear that too. Not got WhatsApp myself so guesswork on the cache. If there is chance of getting your mates on BBM do so and delete Whatsapp.

Delete any emails, texts etc that you don't need. Generally go though the phone and make sure you give it a good clear out.

Go into media and make sure all pics are in an album. If they are in 'camera pictures ' they are using memory. Move them to a folder.

When you have done remove the battery while the phone is on to reboot it. No doubt you have done this before.....but don't put it straight back in. Folks will tell you this doesn't matter, but I found with mine if I left the battery out for 10 mins it released more memory.

Frequently press ATL LGLG and a log will come on screen. Press menu then clear log. Two items will remain in the screen....leave them there.

I'm afraid the 9300 needs some attention to keep it right. If I hadn't had a 9320 which holds its memory ok I would have taken mine into a phone shop and got them to downgrade the software to OS5 that was a stable OS.

Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 03:16 PM
    Knew I'd forgotten something....Facebook and Twitter.

Open them, menu, options and scroll down to clear cache.

My 9300....using FB and Twitter getting notifications from them, a few emails, a few BBMs, it would drop between 5 and 10 MBs per day so I cleared it out each night or every couple of days.

The 9320 would lose 1or 2MBs doing the same.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 03:53 PM
    Knew I'd forgotten something....Facebook and Twitter.

Open them, menu, options and scroll down to clear cache.

My 9300....using FB and Twitter getting notifications from them, a few emails, a few BBMs, it would drop between 5 and 10 MBs per day so I cleared it out each night or every couple of days.

The 9320 would lose 1or 2MBs doing the same.

Posted via CB10
    Well I managed to free up a whole 3MB! and now I just checked and it is back down to less than 1MB... There must be something wrong idk... Could it have anything to do with the desktop manager always asking for the 63MB or so update to core applications update (it is a glitch I have already installed it multiple times)???
    10-27-13 07:15 PM
    Bump......
    10-30-13 01:35 AM
    I had fairly similar issues, particularly once I started using Whatsapp.

One intermediate step was to use Opera Mini; try that if you haven't already.

The only other thing that permanently resolved my (lack of) memory issues was to downgrade to OS5. It has a much smaller memory footprint, and allows occasional use of the native browser (in all its awful browsing glory) in the cramped 256 MB memory space of the Curve.

Downgrading isn't particularly difficult, but it carries risks. You'll want to do a full backup of your contacts, etc., prior to doing so.

If you're not sure how that's done, but it's something you'd like to try, look for the program BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife). Awesome utility, even if you're not planning to downgrade.

Let us know what you decide, and how it goes.
    10-31-13 08:56 AM
    I had fairly similar issues, particularly once I started using Whatsapp.

One intermediate step was to use Opera Mini; try that if you haven't already.

The only other thing that permanently resolved my (lack of) memory issues was to downgrade to OS5. It has a much smaller memory footprint, and allows occasional use of the native browser (in all its awful browsing glory) in the cramped 256 MB memory space of the Curve.

Downgrading isn't particularly difficult, but it carries risks. You'll want to do a full backup of your contacts, etc., prior to doing so.

If you're not sure how that's done, but it's something you'd like to try, look for the program BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife). Awesome utility, even if you're not planning to downgrade.

Let us know what you decide, and how it goes.
    Oh that program.. I have used it before... I reinstalled my OS from scratch before to try and fix this issue and it seemed to come back with a vengeance... I more than likely will reinstall my OS from scratch again whenever I feel like actually wasting my whole day doing it... Do you have a link to a guide that shows me how to brick my phone and reinstall the OS??? I seem to have lost the guide......

EDIT: After some digging around on the internet I found the perfect article and managed to wipe my OS, reinstall it, and get back all my settings and apps... Here is the article: http://www.wikihow.com/Install/Upgra...erating-System
    Last edited by Radical924; 11-16-13 at 12:13 PM.
    11-08-13 07:38 PM
    I'm no expert just someone who has experienced this and alot more since i updated from pre-installed OS5 to OS 6. soon after i updated the os my apps needed updating aswell as BB appstore which i did turned out to be a mistake because my phone crashed and would not restart "ERROR 523"
    i had to wipe my phone using the desktop software, backing up my device before, then reinstalling Os and backup file. youtube has videos which helped immensely
    long and short i've reinstalled OS 5 [dated 12 1 14] no mem leak problems now, except losing all my bbm contacts.
    BBM uses 30 MB ram just to run and chats maybe 10MB
    you can also repair Os when you connect to the desktop software or the CD that came with the fone. OS on CD too
    ps OS5 130 odd MB compared to OS6 150 MB
    Visit this link if you wish to install "latest" os
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ephone-693386/
    01-15-14 07:46 PM
    Alright so I am back to this thread again... because I have the same app storage issue again!!! Last time I reinstalled my OS6 Bundle 2391 (v6.0.0.534, Platform 6.6.0.200) and reinstalled every app and again it is happening... this time I have:

Application Storage: 255.2MB Used , 801.7KB Free
    186.2MB Applications , 68.9MB Other , 812.9KB Free ;
    Memory: 217.1MB Used , 38.8MB Free
    226.9MB Applications , 93.8KB Other , 29.0MB Free.

What is with this??? Idk what is causing the leak ... Here is a list of all apps on my phone currently as of 20/04/2014: App Storage Order ; Alphabetical Order

Also
    Visit this link if you wish to install "latest" os
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ephone-693386/
    will this install on my Telus blackberry??? I don't have whatever carrier pelephone is...

Anyways please help... Thanks!!!
    04-20-14 12:51 PM
    Bump...
    04-27-14 03:11 PM