Cable at 700k? Who's your provider? And how much is it per month? I currently get 8m cable with digital cable and VoIP home phone for 99/month through my local cableco.
    Brighthouse Cable in Cocoa Beach, Florida. 2wire.com just reported an average of 770kbps over four tests, so my recollection was about right. It's $20/month for internet access only. They provided the cable modem; I provided the wifi router. That's Brighthouse's lowest speed, lowest price package here.
    08-02-08 03:50 PM
    Jeff :Thaks for the tip on the settings I can view the site much better now.
    08-02-08 04:44 PM
    I thought the settings feature was pretty standard knowledge when it came to surfing around. Anyways thanks for the tips and what not. I love this website, I have been told many times by co-workers I need to marry my blackberry because I'm on it so much.
    08-02-08 04:53 PM
    Someone mentioned not to have the java script checked since it could slow down the web process and get hung up on certain sites??

Emulation Mode: Blackberry? I've heard people select Netscape??? What are most doing?
    08-02-08 07:21 PM
    I leave Java script checked. I have not had to uncheck it for any websites. As far as emulation, if you emulate anything other than a BlackBerry, you may cause a website to push the wrong version of a download. This can happen with Google Maps, for example. If Google doesn't realize you are downloading from a BlackBerry, it will push the wrong files.
    08-02-08 07:28 PM
    Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........That was it, dont know what I was thinking about. Guess with the www already in the address bar I just overlooked that minor (lol) detail.
    Did you download the CB app? It works great, and you can change the icon's color, .
    08-02-08 09:34 PM
    I just purchased my new curve 1 week ago today and am absolutely addicted to it and this forum. You guys are awesome and I have found really great advice here already!

I stumbled across this forum and altered my settings so that I could view the wap site, the difference is amazing. The only problem is that shortly after I changed the settings I noticed that my pushed yahoo e-mail became difficult to read. Now I'm getting all kinds of formatting links embedded in the messages and I am wondering if it has something to do with the setting I changed.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. It would be nice to be able to view the wap site and still read my e-mail easily... Of course, I want it all! Thanks again!
    08-04-08 07:10 AM
    If you restore your original settings, does that fix your yahoo email? I don't know why any of those settings would cause the problem you're describing, and I don't have yahoo email, so I can't exactly reproduce your setup. To debug it, I'd start by unchecking the top 6 boxes, leaving only "Support Style Sheets" checked. If that fixes your email, then add them back one at a time until you identify the culprit. If you find the problem, please post it for everybody else's benefit.

Welcome to the forums! For good, general information, be sure to check out the Getting Started Guide and the BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series under the Newbies tab at the top of the page.
    08-04-08 08:11 AM
    Thanks Jeff, I will try your troubleshooting techniques and report my findings. One other quick question, if I'm getting receiving e-mails from consumer sites that are embedded in photos, should I see the photos or should I just see the code for the photos with all of those boxes selected?

Thanks for your quick response!
    08-04-08 02:40 PM
    ...One other quick question, if I'm getting receiving e-mails from consumer sites that are embedded in photos, should I see the photos or should I just see the code for the photos with all of those boxes selected?

Thanks for your quick response!
    That sounds like html mail, which requires OS4.5 and support by your BIS/BES. Html mail is not enabled by the browser settings I gave you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-08 03:10 PM
    I have to say THANK YOU to everyone who posted in this thread. I've had my curve 8320 for ~2.5 months now and after changing the browser settings, it is such a difference! I learn new things every time i visit this site... Now I understand why its called "crack"berry.
    08-04-08 03:16 PM
    Sorry for the n00b question, but what's the advantage to the launcher over just going to the wap page?

TIA
    08-04-08 04:47 PM
    Sorry for the n00b question, but what's the advantage to the launcher over just going to the wap page?

TIA
    Cool CrackBerry icon! No difference on the site, just and easy way to launch and show off your CrackBerry love.
    08-04-08 05:25 PM
    Cool CrackBerry icon! No difference on the site, just and easy way to launch and show off your CrackBerry love.
    I installed it and played with it, but saw no advantage thought the icon is cool lookin'
    Still, I'll save the precious 180kb or so.

Thanks folks!
    08-04-08 06:51 PM
    Jeff, just wanted to get back to you to let you know that I didn't see a difference in pushed yahoo e-mail with the different settings. I'll keep playing around with it and post anything I discover. I have a feeling it is an html issue that will only be solved with upgrading the OS as you suggested. Again, thanks for the help.
    08-04-08 07:45 PM
    Jeff, just wanted to get back to you to let you know that I didn't see a difference in pushed yahoo e-mail with the different settings. I'll keep playing around with it and post anything I discover. I have a feeling it is an html issue that will only be solved with upgrading the OS as you suggested. Again, thanks for the help.
    Thank you for closing the loop on the question. I believe it is an html email issue.
    08-04-08 07:48 PM
    great links ppl thanx
    08-04-08 07:51 PM
    Hey experts,

Using BB 8320 OS 4.5 with wifi only my browser options are Hotspot, or WAP Rogers. I noticed when I have it set to WAP Rogers, the page looks cleaner, but regardless, pages take forever to load whether it be Hotsport or WAP.

Also, I've tried using Microsoft IE, and BB but hadn't noticed too much of a difference. Everything is checked as mentioned but like I said, pages take forever to load, yet using OM, pages load extremely fast.

Comments, suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    08-06-08 11:48 AM
    Are you using wap.CrackBerry.com?
    08-06-08 04:43 PM
    Thanks Jeffh for the tip. Because of you I have now deleted opera mini, everything looks much better on the browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 09:22 PM
    Thanks, but I didn't discover the settings. I'm just passing on what somebody told me. Glad to have been a help.
    08-06-08 09:45 PM
    Sorry to come into thread late but what would "supporting style sheets" do exactly? is this instead of downloading opera mini?
    08-08-08 08:33 AM
    Sorry to come into thread late but what would "supporting style sheets" do exactly? is this instead of downloading opera mini?
    These are settings for the Blackberry Browser to enable it to show the wap crackberry pages properly. Opera mini will have its own settings to accomplish the same purpose, but they'll likely have different names. "Support Style Sheets" is the key setting for the Blackberry Browser.
    As an aside, a number of folks have said they didn't need opera mini after configuring the Blackberry Browser with these settings. I haven't used opera mini and can't compare the two.
    08-08-08 09:44 AM
    To use the link jenay gave you, be sure you have ALL the boxes checked in your browser/options/browser configuration. "Support Style Sheets" is critical to viewing the pages properly. I also have "Style Sheets media type" set to "Handheld" and "Emulation Mode" set to Blackberry.
    Jeff, Thank you so much for this info, as I just made the changes in my phone, but, my phone did not have "Style Sheets media type" in the list? Can you advise.
    08-16-08 11:46 AM
    I've since learned that "Style Sheets Media Type" is not an option for 8330 users. Not having it won't affect you, and the rest of the settings will still work.
    08-16-08 11:51 AM
89 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD