What do people do for the java script and html tables option?
    08-02-08 10:48 AM
    What do people do for the java script and html tables option?
    With the BB Browser running, press the Menu button, then select Options/Browser Configuration. Check all the boxes. "Support Style Sheets" is critical for the Wap forum to display properly.
    08-02-08 10:50 AM
    ok let me get in a question. I am getting an error 503 when I try to access wap.crackberry.com any ideas what I have going on?
    08-02-08 11:28 AM
    ok let me get in a question. I am getting an error 503 when I try to access wap.crackberry.com any ideas what I have going on?
    First, make sure you have the Start page set to something other than "Last Page Loaded." That's under Options/Browser configuration. You have a corrupt page in the cache and the browser keeps trying to load it.

Then, Clear the browser cache. In the browser, Options/Cache Operations/Content Cache.
    08-02-08 11:40 AM
    I'll be damned! Coz of this thread I am able to post from my berry. JeffH where have u been all my crackberry life?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-08 11:42 AM
    First, make sure you have the Start page set to something other than "Last Page Loaded." That's under Options/Browser configuration. You have a corrupt page in the cache and the browser keeps trying to load it.

Then, Clear the browser cache. In the browser, Options/Cache Operations/Content Cache.
    tried but didnt help.................under the details of the error 503 it says:unable to determine ip address from host name for wap.crackberry.com
    08-02-08 11:53 AM
    tried but didnt help.................under the details of the error 503 it says:unable to determine ip address from host name for wap.crackberry.com
    The forum site is not down. Can you get to any website? If not, you may need to re-register your device. Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table/Register Now.

If that doesn't help, you can go to your carrier's website and request the Service Books be re-sent. I can't help with that.

If you can get to Google, then clear the cookies in your Cache Operations menu. I didn't recommend that at first because you lose your log-in info when you do it.
    08-02-08 12:01 PM
    The forum site is not down. Can you get to any website? If not, you may need to re-register your device. Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table/Register Now.

If that doesn't help, you can go to your carrier's website and request the Service Books be re-sent. I can't help with that.

If you can get to Google, then clear the cookies in your Cache Operations menu. I didn't recommend that at first because you lose your log-in info when you do it.
    yes i can get to any other site i want.........even crackberry.com just not wap.crackberry.com............dunno?????????? Guess i will keep playing with it.
    08-02-08 12:05 PM
    yes i can get to any other site i want.........even crackberry.com just not wap.crackberry.com............dunno?????????? Guess i will keep playing with it.
    I know it sounds crazy, but clear your cache again. I had the same problem recently. It took a second cache clear to fix it. I'm not sure why.
    08-02-08 12:08 PM
    well ok nothing has worked but this..............I cleared everything and nothing helped so I went to google and googled.... wap crackberry and clicked the link and it sent me to the wap site. I still have no idea why I am getting that error 503 when I type it in but I still am. Now that I have it bookmarked not a big deal, but I still would like to know just for curiosities sake........ Thanks Jeff for all the help anyways.......
    08-02-08 12:15 PM
    You know, these settings are the same one's bmcclure tells us to make in the WiFi guide to set up our WiFi capable BB's to work with WiFi and UMA calling.
    08-02-08 12:32 PM
    well ok nothing has worked but this..............I cleared everything and nothing helped so I went to google and googled.... wap crackberry and clicked the link and it sent me to the wap site. I still have no idea why I am getting that error 503 when I type it in but I still am. Now that I have it bookmarked not a big deal, but I still would like to know just for curiosities sake........ Thanks Jeff for all the help anyways.......
    You need to leave the www out of the address.
    08-02-08 12:33 PM
    To use the link jenay gave you, be sure you have ALL the boxes checked in your browser/options/browser configuration. "Support Style Sheets" is critical to viewing the pages properly. I also have "Style Sheets media type" set to "Handheld" and "Emulation Mode" set to Blackberry.
    i just went into these settings and i don't have all the boxes checked. are you saying they all should be? i'm paranoid about messing up my unit.

the ones that are NOT checked on mine are:
    support javascript
    support html tables
    support embedded media
    support style sheets

can you tell me if any of these need to be checked and why. i just got my curve and have whatever OS came on it! i can view youtube and etc.

thanks for any help!
    08-02-08 12:37 PM
    i just went into these settings and i don't have all the boxes checked. are you saying they all should be? i'm paranoid about messing up my unit.

the ones that are NOT checked on mine are:
    support javascript
    support html tables
    support embedded media
    support style sheets

can you tell me if any of these need to be checked and why. i just got my curve and have whatever OS came on it! i can view youtube and etc.

thanks for any help!

Yes, check them all. I have had them that way for two months. You'll love the way it looks after you change.

There's an explaination here at this link about what the changes mean to your browser at this link - about half way down the page. It's for a different reason, but the explaination still applies. If you have any problems, you can reverse the settings .

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/
    Last edited by exelant; 08-02-08 at 12:44 PM.
    08-02-08 12:39 PM
    ok, i'll do it. i'm very nervous though! and this is for a 8330 for vzw, right?

when i say to allow javascript, another option opens asking if i want to allow javascript pop ups. do i? ahhh
    08-02-08 12:42 PM

when i say to allow javascript, another option opens asking if i want to allow javascript pop ups. do i? ahhh
    Yes you do .
    08-02-08 12:45 PM

Don't be nervous - this won't harm anything on your phone.

And as stated above, be sure you remove the "www" from your Go To field in your browser when attempting to visit any wap site.
    08-02-08 12:48 PM
    thanks!

ok, i checked all the boxes and nothing blew up. that's good. the CB site does look different now and better. i just can't figure out why. i guess i'm not very observent.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 08-02-08 at 12:56 PM.
    08-02-08 12:49 PM
    thanks!

ok, i checked all the boxes and nothing blew up. that's good. the CB site does look different now and better. i just can't figure out why. i guess i'm not very observent.
    All the posts are separate and the formatting is crisp and put together nicely.
    Last edited by exelant; 02-03-09 at 09:19 AM.
    08-02-08 12:58 PM
    You know, these settings are the same one's bmcclure tells us to make in the WiFi guide to set up our WiFi capable BB's to work with WiFi and UMA calling.
    I don't have a wifi-enabled blackberry, so I hadn't noticed, but I'm not surprised. They are the generically correct settings, whether you're wifi or wap.
    08-02-08 01:15 PM
    I don't have a wifi-enabled blackberry, so I hadn't noticed, but I'm not surprised. They are the generically correct settings, whether you're wifi or wap.
    Oh, . Verizon doesn't have WiFi. How fast does their network seem to you, Jeff? Just curious.
    08-02-08 01:20 PM
    Oh, . Verizon doesn't have WiFi. How fast does their network seem to you, Jeff? Just curious.
    It's fast enough for my use. In my house I use an 802.11G wifi router to a cable modem that runs around 700kbps. The blackberry "feels" about the same (maybe a little slower) than my laptop when posting to the forum, but I don't have any empirical data.
    08-02-08 01:30 PM
    Sounds like you're doing pretty good. I have the same router. My ISP is a bit different, I get a microwave signal from a line of sight tower at about 2.5 mbps (it's not satellite). It's a pretty slick system for us rural people. The modem is actually built into the dish antenna and then a line runs directly to my router. I make it a bit easier on us by using a laptop for our primary computer. You know, laptops come out of the box ready to jump on a WiFi network. It's not real cheap, though --$40 a month.
    08-02-08 02:36 PM
    You need to leave the www out of the address.
    Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........That was it, dont know what I was thinking about. Guess with the www already in the address bar I just overlooked that minor (lol) detail.
    08-02-08 03:28 PM
    It's fast enough for my use. In my house I use an 802.11G wifi router to a cable modem that runs around 700kbps. The blackberry "feels" about the same (maybe a little slower) than my laptop when posting to the forum, but I don't have any empirical data.
    Cable at 700k? Who's your provider? And how much is it per month? I currently get 8m cable with digital cable and VoIP home phone for 99/month through my local cableco.
    08-02-08 03:41 PM
89 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD