Last week I won a black 8330 housing set on ebay from China seller for $9.99, I personally think that was the deal of the day, less than 10 bucks for a faceplate, a bottom cover, and a battery door. It says in the auction items are sent by AIR MAIL and takes 10 - 15 working days to arrive, so I know I'm not supposed to be worried for at least one more week.

What bothers me the most is that somehow the seller seem to be unreachable. Soon after the auction ends i requested total amount and invoice but they didn't respond. The payment has to be made within 2 days so judging by their 99.6% feedback I decided to make the payment after all and mailed them asking for confirmation. No respond. My last mail was 2 days ago asking for shipping confirmation but still, I haven't heard anything from them.

I wonder if you guys ever had or having the same problem buying stuff from ebay especially from HK or China, and any seller/supplier recommendation would be much appreciated. Cheers.
    08-16-09 01:58 AM
    I have dealt with plenty of sellers with poor communication skills, especially the bigger ones. If their feedback is that good, I would not worry about it.
    08-16-09 02:07 AM
    Oh I was hoping someone would say that. But at least they can reply with something like YES, or NO, or NI HAO or XIE XIE rather than not saying anything..
    08-16-09 02:19 AM
    Oh I was hoping someone would say that. But at least they can reply with something like YES, or NO, or NI HAO or XIE XIE rather than not saying anything..
    I agree 100%.

I also love when they want payment within XX days of auction end, yet the package is dated as shipped a week later.
    08-16-09 02:28 AM
    A lot of the Chinese sellers are horrible communicators. They never respond to email. A few times I never received my goods and had to get a refund from PayPal. But over 90% of the time I get the stuff within a couple of weeks. If you don't get it no sweat if you paid with PayPal. You file a complaint for non-receipt and you usually get your money back.
    08-16-09 04:31 AM
    A lot of the Chinese sellers are horrible communicators. They never respond to email. A few times I never received my goods and had to get a refund from PayPal. But over 90% of the time I get the stuff within a couple of weeks. If you don't get it no sweat if you paid with PayPal. You file a complaint for non-receipt and you usually get your money back.
    Yes I'm aware of that, but if If I'm not mistaken non-receipt complaint can be filed within 45 days of the payment date? Well I'm not too worried about the bucks really, but a month and a half wait with no explanation? I can't wait to get a new housing for my berry I could end up buying another set from another seller and get it over with before 45 days if you know what I mean..
    08-16-09 07:14 AM
    Last week I won a black 8330 housing set on ebay from China seller for $9.99, I personally think that was the deal of the day, less than 10 bucks for a faceplate, a bottom cover, and a battery door. It says in the auction items are sent by AIR MAIL and takes 10 - 15 working days to arrive, so I know I'm not supposed to be worried for at least one more week.

What bothers me the most is that somehow the seller seem to be unreachable. Soon after the auction ends i requested total amount and invoice but they didn't respond. The payment has to be made within 2 days so judging by their 99.6% feedback I decided to make the payment after all and mailed them asking for confirmation. No respond. My last mail was 2 days ago asking for shipping confirmation but still, I haven't heard anything from them.

I wonder if you guys ever had or having the same problem buying stuff from ebay especially from HK or China, and any seller/supplier recommendation would be much appreciated. Cheers.
    well it doesn't really matter because you are covered by e-bay you can get your money back if you don't receive it or you don't hear from them and there are some usa companies on there selling them same things go to one of them file a report if it doesn't come in the time that it said
    08-26-09 05:06 PM
    Be patient, I just received mine about a week ago after waiting more than the 10 days due to the item having to clear customs...just be patient...under 10 bucks, man I wish I would have seen that...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 08:01 PM
    I too won a Curve 8310 housing on eBay. I also won my Curve the same day. The housing from China came before the actually phone. Keep in mind that many of them don't speak read or write English very well. You are also dealing with Customs. Judging from their feedback percentage I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    08-27-09 01:31 PM
    Hey thanks everyone, just an update, the item has arrived few days ago, took almost three weeks but it's pretty well packed. I also ordered two different parts from two different sellers, black keypad + tray for $9.99 and black trackball for $2.45, all of them came together almost the same time. I just finished with my mods and kind of surprised that they're perfectly fit. Guess you can't beat the price huh lol. Now my curve is looking berry good and I am berry happy. Xie xie ni to those sellers.
    08-27-09 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD