For syncing, is it best to use a yahoo email account or what? I am having major headaches with hotmail and syncing my flipping calendar... I don't want to change my email address as I have had it for years, but I don't know what else to do??? UGH
    09-10-09 02:18 PM
    You can use yahoo but have you considered getting a gmail account?? :-)
    09-10-09 02:32 PM
    Why gmail? Does it work with the outlook? I don't want a bunch of calendars on my phone and I had to remove facebook because of its stupid calendar.
    09-10-09 02:38 PM
    Gmail CAN be setup to be read via outlook, as well, it integrates very nicely with your 'Berry.

I have 2 gmail accounts (one for personal, one for work) and a Yahoo account (for work), all work roughly the same, but the fact that you can easily (with instructions provided on the GMail site) set gmail up to sync on your home PC with Outlook, are the reasons I tend to recommend it to people.
    09-10-09 02:40 PM
    I have a Yahoo acct, and I just created a gmail acct as well. Now if I can hook them up to bb through outlook I'll be all set! Thanks so much stay tuned!!!
    09-10-09 02:58 PM
    Dunno about hooking the yahoo one up through Outlook, but you CAN set the Yahoo to go to your 'Berry, you'll need to to that through the BIS site for your carrier which is here: BlackBerry Internet Service

Or you can use the Email Setup icon on your 'Berry to do it from your device.

Here's a walkthrough/guide BlackBerry 101: Lecture 11: BIS Email Basics | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by lordnordeth; 09-10-09 at 03:21 PM.
    09-10-09 03:06 PM
    Hook up your Yahoo & Gmail to your Curve through BIS and you'll love it.
    Last edited by framos242; 09-10-09 at 03:20 PM.
    09-10-09 03:18 PM
    I have both Yahoo and Gmail on my BlackBerry, they both work great. Gmail is the fastest and has less delays in my opinion...
    09-10-09 03:20 PM
    Gmail and a provider one here, no issues on the gmail side
    09-10-09 03:51 PM
    Yahoo, gmail and a work email (web hosting). All work great with my 8330. I decided to uninstall the gmail plugin cause it ran all the time in the backround and I didn't think I would use the functionality cause I use the gmail account only for a few forums.
    My wife uses yahoo and hotmail and they work great with her 8330 as well. Neither of us sync with a calender in hotmail or yahoo. We both sync our calenders with outlook, but niether use any email with outlook. We both use web access for email except my work email which I use outlook at work for. I actually sync my calender on my blackberry with my home laptop outlook and my work desktop outlook with no troubles at all, even with two different versions of outlook and a older version of DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 05:22 PM
    Dunno about hooking the yahoo one up through Outlook, but you CAN set the Yahoo to go to your 'Berry, you'll need to to that through the BIS site for your carrier which is here: BlackBerry Internet Service

Or you can use the Email Setup icon on your 'Berry to do it from your device.

Here's a walkthrough/guide BlackBerry 101: Lecture 11: BIS Email Basics | CrackBerry.com
    How do I purge everything old on my pc outlook calendar? I want to start fresh! And then sync my calendar.
    09-10-09 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD