I downloaded a few trial games last night and tried them. I put my one week old 8900 on charge and went to bed. When I got up and disconnected the phone it was hot. The phone was down to one bar of battery when I got to AT&T store a 9:30. The guy there said he didn't think it was the battery and it was probably running some app. He took the battery out and put it back. I bought a car charger and charged it back up. It seems fine now. Could he be right? Is the anything like "task manager" to check what apps you might be running?
    08-06-09 07:12 PM
    Yes, there is a form of Task Manager... hold down the Menu button for a couple seconds... it's really an app switcher program... there are 5 apps that will always show up as part of the OS... (Home Screen, Messenger, Browser, Call Log, and Messages)... any others are just not being closed or exited properly... it happens to a lot of people that don't check the options of some apps and they keep running, like UberTwitter and Viigo and a few others.
    08-06-09 07:30 PM
    Hey thanks. One difference though. Mine show clock and not browser.
    08-06-09 09:00 PM
    Maybe it's time to do a Battery Pull... leave your device on, pull the battery, leave it out 20 seconds, put in back in, wait for your device to boot up... then look at it again... it should be a browser, not a clock.
    08-06-09 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD