i am a long time, loyal blackberry customer but i have become very frustrated with an ongoing issue related to my blackberry curve 8900...

the issue is the talk delay during every, single conversation! every time i start to speak (which is during the "callers" pause), "the caller" starts to speak again because they don't hear a response to what they initially said. people constantly ask me if i am still on the line! sometimes they even think i am upset or angry or in disagreement with what they said because i don't respond in a normal time frame! it's crazy!

basically, i am not hearing what they are saying until 1-2 seconds after they say it... so when they finish their statement, and i don't respond... they begin to talk again. they begin to talk again at the exact same time that i finally start to respond to what they said. (and vice versa!)

this is so bad! since i am constantly interrupting others (and others are constantly interrupting me), it has gotten to the point where i don't even want to talk during my phone conversations because i don't want to rudely interrupt the person on the other end!

I HAVE GOOGLED AND CRACKBERRY SEARCHED EVERY WORD OPTION BUT I HAVE FOUND NO ONE ELSE COMPLAINING... DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM? thanks for any help!!
    Last edited by chrissi.; 08-25-09 at 10:41 PM.
    08-25-09 08:28 PM
    Something is probably up with your specific device. I recommend that you go and get a replacement device. While you are there, get a replacement SIM card for good measure.
    08-25-09 09:32 PM
    Get a replacement... Its a hardware problem with your device

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 10:02 PM
    thank you for confirming that i need a new device. i'll call support tomorrow. i was hoping to not have to do so.

i already replaced the sim... that was not the problem.

if anyone else reads this post and has a similar issue, it would be helpful to know.... just for curiosities sake.
    08-25-09 10:39 PM
    Does this happen all the time or just some of the time? Is your phone using UMA?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 11:45 PM
    Chrissi, Talk echo can also be created by the vocoder card that is located either in the Base Station Transciever (BTS) or the Base Station Controller (BSC) which is the Telco's equipment. You can verify this by making a call from a different BTS within the network or by moving around the BTS and making a call from a different sector on the antenna. If the echo goes away it is the Telco's equipment that is the problem.
    T
    08-26-09 09:04 AM
    thanks for trying to help!

it seems to happen every time i talk. sorry- i'm not sure what UMA stands for?

the echo isn't the normal "phone resting on my shoulder" echo that i've heard during past cell use. it's best described as a delay (or an echo i cannot hear). i talk... the other person doesn't hear me as i am speaking... they hear me a moment later.

i have had many different blackberries in the past and this has never been an issue.
    Last edited by chrissi.; 08-29-09 at 03:17 PM.
    08-29-09 03:13 PM
    Chrissi,

I have a BB Storm (9530) and have the EXACT same problem as you've described. However, the delay in my phone doesn't always happen but when it does, it is extremely annoying. To make matters worse, I notice it most often when I'm talking with my wife on her cell phone. Due to the delay, the conversations that we try to have are almost comical. I said almost . Many times we've just terminated our calls and had to wait until we get together to communicate whatever it was that we called about. This shouldn't happen.

Anybody else have this problem???

hiltyga
    10-01-09 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD