First, it's a phone, not an expensive SLR or whatever. Secondly you've shown us one picture which didn't look to me like it was taken in anywhere near optimal conditions for any non-expensive camera. Is that a picture of a person or a picture of a poster or magazine or something?

Give us a couple of more pictures in different lighting or settings so we get a better idea if it's the camera or the conditions under which the image was taken.
    08-25-09 06:52 PM
    Hitting the sweet spot, and getting a photo that looks like its foggy out is very different.
    08-25-09 06:52 PM
    Cant figure out why when i go to take a pic whether im inside or outside, for a second my screen is ok and then it dims so a pic that should be nice and bright looks like it was taken in the evening....so what can i do to stop this...i've tried everything
    08-25-09 07:02 PM
    This is a photo i took like a few days ago, outside. It's bad, hazy looking almost as if there is fog but there wasn't.

08-25-09 07:24 PM
    This is a photo i took like a few days ago, outside. It's bad, hazy looking almost as if there is fog but there wasn't.
    That looks like you camera lens might be dirty, try cleaning it off.
    08-25-09 08:09 PM
    That looks like you camera lens might be dirty, try cleaning it off.
    Yeah, looks like the lens has a film over it. I haven't used my camera much, but I did take one test shot of my television, and it was bright and clear.
    08-26-09 01:03 PM
    yea when i take pics when its dark out and i use flash you can't see anything thats even goin on in the picture
    08-26-09 02:20 PM
    the haziness could also be because you had direct sunlight hitting the lens
    08-26-09 02:34 PM
    My pictures almost always turn out hazy also and I have tried messing with all the settings and cleaning the lens with no better results. I have taken the same shot as someone with a run of the mill camera phone and the other camera's shots are always better. I have come to the conclusion after a couple years use that the camera on this phone just stinks by default. The results are a little better outdoors but not by any means good, even for a phone. I realize this is not a digital camera but I really expected better results than a lower resolution phone camera but I have yet to see it. Good luck, I think you have seen the best you will see from this camera.
    08-26-09 03:13 PM
    If one take a Q-tip with one end slightly moist (not dripping but barely wet) with a little isopropyl alcohol on one end to clean the camera lense and then use the other dry end to wipe it clear work wonders.

The natural oil from your fingers can mess up picture quality in a big way.
    08-26-09 03:16 PM
    There is a gigantic difference between inside and outside pictures for sure, especially if there is very bright/florescent light indoors.
    08-26-09 04:14 PM
    thanks for the information
    08-26-09 04:38 PM
    Cant figure out why when i go to take a pic whether im inside or outside, for a second my screen is ok and then it dims so a pic that should be nice and bright looks like it was taken in the evening....so what can i do to stop this...i've tried everything
    Mine does that also.
    09-13-09 03:42 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD