Hello all

Question!

I just bought the 8520 a week ago the battery life was great. Yesterday it all changed. My battery died after 3 1/2 hours being on the charger. Then I charged it and then it died again after about 3 or 4 hours I charged it and then of course it vibrated to notify me that the battery was dangerously low. But by that time I was just getting home. TODAY my battery died after 3 1/2 or 4 hours after being taken off the charger. Reminder it was on the charger all night. So after my class was over I put it on the charger to charge since I had plenty of hours available until my next class. It took 4 hours for the battery to charge. And then I went to my class by the middle of my class the battery was half full. So my battery keeps dying and I have no idea why.

Does anyone know why this could be happening? If you do please leave a comment. Thanx

- chrissy
    10-27-09 07:52 PM
    Your battery cells could have gone bad. I would suggest contacting the carrier and letting them know the issue, and they should replace the battery under warranty for you.

Just to be sure, you dont have a twitter app on auto refresh, or an internet radio app running in the background, do you?
    10-27-09 07:54 PM
    Check what apps you still have running. Leaving apps running leads to quick battery drains. Remember, hitting the back key does not close the app. You have to hit the BB menu key and go down to close.
    10-27-09 08:00 PM
    As per the above two replies: the same thing happened to me, with my battery suddenly draining fast which had not previously been occurring. The problem was resolved after I closed the recently installed UberTwitter app from the switch app menu.
    10-27-09 08:15 PM
    Windows live messenger, facebook and all apps that use internet drain a lot of battery, make sure that you sign out of the facebook app, that is the only way of "closing" it
    11-05-09 02:48 AM
    Try another battery
    11-11-09 07:33 AM
    This may sound strange but when I charge my 8520 with the wall charger the battery life is ****e, but when I charge it with the USB cable the battery lasts for days????? Worth a try dude
    11-12-09 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD