I have the Curve 8530 and have these horizontal lines running through all of my pictures. They even appear when taking pictures on the camera. It looks like a pixel issue. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix for it? I'm running software v 5.0.0.654
    07-19-10 10:03 AM
    Did you happen to drop your phone ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-10 10:44 AM
    I have once but it wasn't a hard drop and I've got an Otter Box case on it to help with drops. My g/f has the exact same phone with the same case and she's dropped it several times and her screen looks perfect. They're not the white lines or severe distortion like some are reporting. They're subtle lines that only show on my wallpaper and also when I'm taking a picture with the phone.
    07-19-10 10:53 AM
    Try cleaning the camera lens (with a cotton swab). Also, check if the lens is cracked, or something.
    07-19-10 11:02 AM
    It's not the camera, it's the pixels on the screen or something. Even pictures she's taken with her phone and sent me have the lines, while the same photo looks perfect on her screen.
    07-19-10 11:04 AM
    It's not the camera, it's the pixels on the screen or something. Even pictures she's taken with her phone and sent me have the lines, while the same photo looks perfect on her screen.
    Does the line only show when you're looking at pictures? Or it's always on your screen? They're probably dead pixels. If they only show when you're looking on pictures, try doing a battery pull, that might help.
    07-19-10 11:13 AM
    No, they don't seem to show on the BlackBerry menu and such. I only notice them on photos I've taken, been sent or on backgrounds I've downloaded. And they show up on all of them too. I have already done a battery pull and it didn't fix the problem.

Does the line only show when you're looking at pictures? Or it's always on your screen? They're probably dead pixels. If they only show when you're looking on pictures, try doing a battery pull, that might help.
    07-19-10 11:18 AM
    The only solution I could think of, is updating the OS. If a battery pull doesn't work, maybe an update will. I'd suggest updating to .734 by Verizon or SMART Comm.

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com

So, you'll have to download the OS from the sticky thread, install it on your computer, reboot, go to RIM directory, delete 'vendor.xml'... Then, plug-in your BlackBerry, right-click on 'Loader.exe' and select 'Run as Administrator'... Then just follow the instructions from there.

Good luck!
    07-19-10 11:45 AM
    Nevermind. I notice the lines through Yahoo Messenger too.
    07-19-10 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD