I downloaded a theme and now I can't get the shortcuts back on my home screen that I had before. Is there a way to change them back ? How do I go back to the way it was with a picture that I had taken as my wallpaper?
    07-03-10 10:56 PM
    I downloaded a theme and now I can't get the shortcuts back on my home screen that I had before. Is there a way to change them back ? How do I go back to the way it was with a picture that I had taken as my wallpaper?
    Start by looking here:

BlackBerry 101: The Basics of BlackBerry Themes | CrackBerry.com

and for the entire How To Series, go here:

BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by kwkid; 07-03-10 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Typo
    07-03-10 11:08 PM
    Thanks KwKid.
    07-03-10 11:21 PM
    This is why I hate changing my theme. It re-arranges all the icons and folders.
    07-03-10 11:45 PM
    This is why I hate changing my theme. It re-arranges all the icons and folders.
    Yes it does ! This was my first time doing it and I was quite surprised that it changed everything the way it did. I figured out how to get the shortcuts I wanted back on the home screen but still can't figure out how to look through my pictures and make one of them my theme. When I try to make a picture my wallpaper, it don't do it like it would before I downloaded the theme.
    07-04-10 09:30 AM
    Yes it does ! This was my first time doing it and I was quite surprised that it changed everything the way it did. I figured out how to get the shortcuts I wanted back on the home screen but still can't figure out how to look through my pictures and make one of them my theme. When I try to make a picture my wallpaper, it don't do it like it would before I downloaded the theme.
    Try going to main menu, hit the menu button, and choose options. And try changing the wallpaper from there.
    07-04-10 07:19 PM
    Also, if it still doesn't work, do a battery pull.
    07-04-10 07:20 PM
    Fortunately this only occurs when loading a brand new theme. Once you have the theme set up, you can switch between them without issue.

As far as your issue with the home screen setting, the easiest way is to to open the picture by going to Media>Pictures>All Pictures>Select the picture you want to see by moving the trackpad and clicking on the picture. Once the picture is open, click the BB key (that is the one to the left of the trackpad and select Set as HomeScreen Image. Then close out all the way to the homescreen and that picture should be displayed.
    07-05-10 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD