I downloaded jivetalk onto my blackberry 8310 for the AIM. When I instant message on jivetalk is that taking away from the text messages or is it free like the blackberry messenger? thanks for the help in advance!
    12-13-07 11:42 AM
    Jivetalk uses your data plan, not SMS
    12-13-07 12:15 PM
    Are you positive it takes away from the data b/c even though I am very curious to try I was told by an ATT CS Rep that all instant messengers except the BB mess. will be charged as text??...have you or anyone else received any charges after using jivetalk???
    01-24-08 05:44 PM
    From the way I understand it. If you use the phone's built in messenger; Blackberry Messenger, AIM, Yahoo, ICQ, etc. you will get charged for text messaging. If you use a standalone program, IE: Jivetalk or another program like that, it will not count toward your text messages. Hope that clears things up
    02-07-08 08:47 PM
    I have AT&T and an unlimited data plan. Jivetalk uses data and not SMS.
    02-07-08 10:15 PM
    There are countless threads on here confirming that Jivetalk utilizes data for instant messages. And I'm pretty sure that the BB instant messengers also use data. It wouldn't make sense for RIM to have IM software that doesn't use data when after all thats one of the main features of a BB is it's data capabilities.
    02-07-08 10:24 PM
    yes, JiveTalk uses data and your battery and nothing else - done deal
    02-07-08 10:28 PM
    so explain this to me.. if i use the BB mesenger and it shows up in my conversation and in my messages .. am i using my 1500 messages from my plan?
    02-07-08 10:31 PM
    no, BB messenger uses data much like JiveTalk
    02-08-08 12:21 AM
    definitely 100% sure its data only. I have att and have not been billed for using it. (Same with bb msgr- no charge ever). Cust srv probably told u that b/c all of the software att sells for IM goes thru sms. They r not well informed about jivetalk.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-08 06:45 AM
    If that doesn't clear it up then I don't know what will!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-08 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD