Well I have had a crazy time trying to find the right phone for me. I started with the 8330, but got tired of it in 4 days. I changed to something other then a BB and that did not work either. I now have the BB 8900 for keeps..

Now I am so lost with this and I am sure it will take me a little while to get the hang of how to use, but first I have a few questions. I see here some people share themes. how do I get it from my computer screen to my BB??? I am sorry, but I will be asking a lot of maybe silly questions, cuz I am not at all good with computers. Thanks!!
    08-03-09 08:26 AM
    I'm not a huge computer guy myself, but what I came to realize was that I needed to look for the OTA links (over the air). Those links allowed me to click on them from my phone, and download the themes directly from my phone.

Basically, what I did was browse the sites using my computer, found what I needed, then copied/pasted the web address to my email client, and email the web address to my phone (instead of manually typing in the address through my phone, I just clicked the link from the email I sent myself.)

I hope that was clear enough. There's also a lot of tutorials on here. Hopefully someone can lead you to the BB 101 section.
    08-03-09 08:34 AM
    @bahandi - that's what I do. Makes everything much easier

@OP - OTA files are .jad files (like Word is .doc, etc)
    08-03-09 08:49 AM
    I would highly recommend that you read the 101 lectures. They should help to answer all of the basic questions you can have. I have a link to the 101 lectures in my signature and you can also find them at anytime through the "Blackberry Help" menu option at the top of every page here at Crackberry.
    08-03-09 10:30 AM
    I'm not a huge computer guy myself, but what I came to realize was that I needed to look for the OTA links (over the air). Those links allowed me to click on them from my phone, and download the themes directly from my phone.

Basically, what I did was browse the sites using my computer, found what I needed, then copied/pasted the web address to my email client, and email the web address to my phone (instead of manually typing in the address through my phone, I just clicked the link from the email I sent myself.)

I hope that was clear enough. There's also a lot of tutorials on here. Hopefully someone can lead you to the BB 101 section.

Now that I can understand..lol Thanks!!
    08-03-09 01:54 PM
    @bahandi - that's what I do. Makes everything much easier

@OP - OTA files are .jad files (like Word is .doc, etc)
    I would highly recommend that you read the 101 lectures. They should help to answer all of the basic questions you can have. I have a link to the 101 lectures in my signature and you can also find them at anytime through the "Blackberry Help" menu option at the top of every page here at Crackberry.
    Thanks ill check them out..
    08-03-09 01:55 PM
    Here's how to download OTA themes

Gemblock | How to Install a BlackBerry Theme
    08-03-09 03:44 PM
    Here's how to download OTA themes

Gemblock | How to Install a BlackBerry Theme
    Or you can look in the Blackberry 101 lessons like aristile suggested and find the same article here on CB: BlackBerry 101: The Basics of BlackBerry Themes | CrackBerry.com
    08-03-09 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD