I just got a phone and i been trying to set up my email, but it keeps asking for blackberry enterprise password which i havent got.. but i ordered my phone online so everything should be in the box.. So where do i find this or is there any way i can get around it and setup my email?

OH and ive tried to install the desktop programme on my computer, but it wont even install and I don't know why! It says something about a "newer" version and then it shuts down? oh fyi im on a mac.. pls heeeelp me, i need it badly! thaaaanks xxx
    06-08-10 04:29 PM
    When you set up your data plan through your carrier, did you select the enterprise plan? Be sire you are on the standard BlackBerry data plan so that you dont need the Enterprise password, thats corporate stuff.

When you are trying to set it up, are you doing it in the initial walkthrough or going to the email set up icon after the fact?
    06-08-10 04:32 PM
    oh i don't know. Im very new with this blackberry stuff and I cannot seem to make it work. How do you check if its set up on the corporate stuff? I might have, I just turned it on and put my sim-card in. It seemed to work fine untill I had to install my email :s And I go into the setup and from there it asks if I've got a password and when I click no it says I should contact my administration thing.. ?
    06-08-10 04:35 PM
    Call your carrier, or check online and make sure that you have an active BlackBerry Data Plan as you will need that.

Then, back out of where you are, go to your set up folder, and see if you have an email set up icon.
    06-08-10 04:38 PM
    Oh, where can you check this online?

I ordered my phone online and I am so confused.
    06-08-10 04:40 PM
    Ok. Well it would probably be set up then.

Go to your find your set up folder on the device, then look for the Email Settings icon. Do you have that?
    06-08-10 04:41 PM
    yea I went to the setup wizard and then there is a email setup.. but when i click that theres only one option which is: I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server
    06-08-10 04:47 PM
    Ok, if you wish to use it on the Enterprise Server, you will need to ensure you have that type of data plan through your carrier, and also that your job has added you to their server. Once added, they can help set up your device to their configuration.
    06-08-10 04:48 PM
    But I don't wish to use it through the Enterprise Server.. I just ordered it from the internet and recieved it like this.. And its just more for my ordinary email account, hotmail ?
    06-08-10 04:50 PM
    Oh the phrasing of your statement above led me to believe you were using it as work email.

Press the end key to escape what screen you are in, then from your main screen look for the Settings folder, once you location this, open it and look for the Email Settings icon. Do you see this?
    06-08-10 04:52 PM
    yea i can go and write emails and stuff but they can only be saved to draft.. and then there is "options".. and you do mean the one on the homescreen right?
    06-08-10 04:57 PM
    Yes. From the home screen. Look for a folder, it will have a green circular gear looking image inside of it. Click on that. Inside of that folder, do you see an option for Email Settings?
    06-08-10 05:03 PM
    yea the green one and when u click it, it has setup wizard, set up wifi and setup bluetooth.. then i can click the setup wizard and a list comes up and in that list is Email setup
    06-08-10 05:07 PM
    If you do not have the email set up icon, then your device is not properly configured to the BlackBerry Data plan.

Are you able to access the browser from your device currently?
    06-08-10 05:08 PM
    yea i can go online and everything.. like on the internet.. but thts cause im at a place with wireless internet?

If i dont have this plan, do you know what I should do to fix it or make it work?

oh and btw thanks so much for helping me! xx
    06-08-10 05:11 PM
    You would want to contact your carrier to make sure that you have the proper plan set up on your account, and if not, they can help activate that for you.

Once you have that, you will see that email set up icon, and the set up for the new account will be a breeze!!!

Your very welcome! Thats why we are here, to help!
    06-08-10 05:20 PM
    okaaay ill try that! thaanks alot mate xx
    06-08-10 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD