newbie here....long time lurker who has tried to memorize the entire crackberry forum......after reading threads and physically comparing both the Curve and Tour at Sprint stores I have concluded the Curve to be my choice since it would be my first smart phone. I need your opinion as to where I should make my purchase.....choices are:
    a) Sprint.com- 149.00 and wait for a 100.00 rebate
    b) Bestbuy - 49.00 includes instant rebate
    c) Sams club (Radio shack) - 49.00 includes instant rebate

thank you in advance
    08-08-09 06:39 AM
    Just go to Radio Shack's Web site and you can get it FREE. That's how I got mine. It is through Sprint, but Radio Shack will ship you the Curve 8330m with the 2 year Sprint Plan. No Rebates, No $49.00 with instant rebate, etc.

I ordered mine on like Tuesday and had it in hand on Friday. I believe this is the best deal on the Curve available.

But if you want it NOW, then I go with either Bestbuy or Sam's Cub.

Hope this helps...
    08-08-09 07:03 AM
    08-08-09 08:03 AM
    xliderider, thats a excellent deal also.
    08-08-09 08:13 AM
    I'm with VZW I don't like being under contract I bought my phone (silver curve 8330) on ebay.Many of these phones come with a variety of accessories. If you chose to make an ebay purchase do your homework and research on the phone and seller. I have bought my last 3 phones on ebay with no problems. Also there are aftermarket warranties cheep to cover your purchase.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 08:16 AM
    I bought mine from Best Buy and they really did me right (set it up with my account, transferred data, etc.). Some Sprint stores are just horrible because they are "locally run" with mgrs who might be VERY clueless and well .... you get what you pay for. Buying online is a good idea as well if you want to call in and set your stuff up, they will do that as well -- but yeah, for my money and if you are new to the smart phones, going to Best Buy would be my choice.

Also, as you know the Tour is newer than the Curve (I have a Curve 8330 and am about to upgrade to the Tour) so if you can spend a little more money -- I would def go that way as well. Good luck!!
    08-08-09 08:33 AM
    i have verizon, i herd some horror stories dealing with sprint stores, some people said best buy was good to get a sprint phone, i go to a verizon store by my house, it is not locally ran, verizon runs it, and they reall take care of the customers
    08-08-09 08:39 AM
    Got my 8330 at Bestbuy (Sprint)about a year ago and "knock on wood" no major problems yet. You have the option to pay a little extra each month for damage/defective protection. I have a couple of friends with BB and they wished that they had added the protection...Also you check wirefly.com, I think the phone may be free on there website currently and you can chose the provider of your choice. Good luck!
    08-08-09 09:12 AM
    Walmart.com.... -> free with 2 year contract
    08-08-09 10:31 AM
    thanks for the responses...gotta check on the walmart deal......can't beat 'free'
    08-08-09 05:43 PM
    just checked the Walmart deal and 'free' applies to new service only. I am upgrading my phone and am eligible for the 150.00 kiss from sprint. I am currently using a Sanyo M1 with a rotary dial....
    08-08-09 05:52 PM
    I would buy it from wirefly.com the sprint blackberry curve is free and the new tour is 150
    08-08-09 06:02 PM
    newbie here....long time lurker who has tried to memorize the entire crackberry forum......after reading threads and physically comparing both the Curve and Tour at Sprint stores I have concluded the Curve to be my choice since it would be my first smart phone. I need your opinion as to where I should make my purchase.....choices are:
    a) Sprint.com- 149.00 and wait for a 100.00 rebate
    b) Bestbuy - 49.00 includes instant rebate
    c) Sams club (Radio shack) - 49.00 includes instant rebate

thank you in advance

08-08-09 06:10 PM
    Hardd1 - what led to your preference of the Curve over the Tour? I am a recent BB convert from Treo and I love my 8330, but am contemplating the Tour upgrade.

08-08-09 06:13 PM
    well Amell, it is a matter of my lack of experience with a blackberry or any other smart phone. The Curve seems to be a tried and proven product by all of the major carriers. Once I master all of the 'berry' experience has to offer I may consider upgrading to a better BB phone offered at my upgrade time. In addition,money is tight so the 50.00 Curve vs 200.00 Tour is also a deciding factor. I need to wade in the kiddie pool before I jump inio the deep end...
    Last edited by hardd1; 08-08-09 at 08:43 PM.
    08-08-09 07:53 PM
    just checked the Walmart deal and 'free' applies to new service only. I am upgrading my phone and am eligible for the 150.00 kiss from sprint. I am currently using a Sanyo M1 with a rotary dial....
    Hey, better than my previous phone. 2 tin cans and a string
    08-08-09 08:59 PM
    You will not regret getting a 8330!

08-08-09 09:59 PM
    Have you tried online like amazon?
    08-08-09 11:41 PM
    WOW!!!....just looked at Bestbuys ad to see the Curve listed for 19.99.... for new or upgrade service....we already have the simply everything plan since my wife uses an Instinct (shhh..convert her later).....hopefully Bestbuy will have only stock one color so I won't have another decision to make...
    08-09-09 06:12 AM
    I busted my "berry cherry" at bestbuy sunday......for 19.99 I took home an inferno curve....geez, what a great device!!!...
    08-11-09 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD