heylo, i've had a blackberry for around a month or so, and i have the curve 8530. I had always assigned screen lock to the left side convenience button. I plugged it in to my computer to put music on and i believe i updated the phone. my screen lock button is gone. no option. it has dissapeared.

I am a complete novice and would appreciate help! Thanks!
    06-22-10 11:08 PM
    Hold down the play button on the top of the phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 12:08 AM
    ok. it seems that locks it, however i hate doing this. is there no way to do it via buttons or side convenience key?
    06-23-10 01:00 AM
    Menu > Options > Screen/Keyboard > Left/Right Side Convenience Key Opens > Lock

Is that what you are after?
    06-23-10 03:46 AM
    yeah dimension thats what i had been using up until i updated my phone. however after the update that option is gone. if i set a password i can passworld lock from that button but i dont want a password. i just want the screen lock. is there any way to go back to prev. software?
    06-23-10 10:24 AM
    As has been documented many times here, screen lock as we know and loved it is gone, and RIM will not be bringing it back, no matter how much we hate it. You can also use the "a" button. Still, benefits of better software outweigh screen lock, IMHO.
    06-23-10 10:46 AM
    You can also use the "a" button..
    Nice, thanks. I didn't even see that little lock on the keyboard.
    06-23-10 03:50 PM
    So thats where my screenlock went... Too bad, I liked the side button lock..

change... is evil.
    07-13-10 10:49 AM
    So thats where my screenlock went... Too bad, I liked the side button lock..

change... is evil.
    It is EVIL!

I hope there's a way of getting that feature back without downgrading.
    07-13-10 01:08 PM
    As has been documented many times here, screen lock as we know and loved it is gone, and RIM will not be bringing it back, no matter how much we hate it. You can also use the "a" button. Still, benefits of better software outweigh screen lock, IMHO.
    "As has been documented many times here", if you want the lock screen and to be able to use a convenience key to lock the phone, you MUST HAVE A PASSWORD ENABLED.
    07-13-10 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD