My video camera won't play video, it says error and that "the media being played is of an unsupported format"... What do I do?
    09-10-09 02:02 PM
    Turn off media card encryption.

took me 2 months to find the answer, hope it goes easier for you!

Options->Media Card-Set "Encrypt media Files" to No
    Last edited by lordnordeth; 09-10-09 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Added Instructions
    09-10-09 02:04 PM
    My video camera won't play video, it says error and that "the media being played is of an unsupported format"... What do I do?
    THANKS for replying!!! How do I do that? I keep going between menu, help and this website... trying to figure it out?
    09-10-09 02:06 PM
    I added directions to my original post, Select Options (the Wrench), scroll to Media Card and select it, then set the Encrypt Media Files setting to no. It may not rename any files you have existing, but anything you record from here on in should work fine.

When you encrypt your media card, it changes the format tag to .rem which the recorder does not recognize, so it won't play them.

Once you change this setting, you should be good.
    09-10-09 02:08 PM
    Thanks for the detailed directions )))

It's fixed!!! I am a former palm treo user and it has been quite a change switching over... I am loving this phone - wish I had purchased a blackberry years ago!!!
    09-10-09 02:14 PM
    No prob, glad I could help.

And I hear ya, I got my first 'Berry as a gift from my wife, now I can't use a normal "cell phone". The data outage the other day almost killed me! 8)
    09-10-09 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD