Hey guys,

I'm new to BB and i've unlocked my tmo 8900 and i'm trying to setup my email on Fido in canada and it says that its already associated with BIS but yet i'm able to connect to bbm without a problem.. i just can't setup my email? Any help would be greatly appreciated..
    09-02-09 01:34 PM
    You bought this used, yes? Someone has the PIN associated with their account.

You need to contact the seller and have them remove the PIN from their account before you can make it work.

[edit]

Or this is yours from the beginning, not a used one. Either way you need to get T-Mobile to remove the PIN from the previous account. If it's your account, just call T-mobile and ask them to do it.
    09-02-09 01:44 PM
    Sounds like a used unit. Any other friends with BBs? You can get them sign into their BIS acct on the 8900 to free up the PIN and then sign back into their device and boom your free to set up your email.
    09-02-09 01:47 PM
    wait how does that second one go? get a friend to do what? do you have steps for that? like i said i'm a newbie at this bb stuff..
    09-02-09 02:02 PM
    Sounds like a used unit. Any other friends with BBs? You can get them sign into their BIS acct on the 8900 to free up the PIN and then sign back into their device and boom your free to set up your email.
    yo king.. please elaborate on how i'd do this cause right now i need to get my email setup.. repsec
    09-02-09 02:17 PM
    When you set up your email. You have an option to create a BlackBerry Internet Service account. You can get a friend to sign into his/her BIS account on your 8900. This will release the PIN from the previous owners BIS account.

Then your friend will sign back on their device thus freeing your 8900 and will be able you create your own BIS account and configure your emails.

(Warning)

If your friend is running BBM 5.0 their BBM contacts will be on your device but only for the time they are signed in. Overall the process should take about 5 mins.
    09-02-09 02:18 PM
    thanks i got it.. fido called RIM and they released it..
    09-02-09 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD