Hi everyone,

Well, I've searched high and low and found people were experiencing this same problem on their 8830's. It seems that no matter where I am, people on the other end of my calls tell me they hear very loud background noise, even if I am in a pretty quiet room. Making calls in the car is horrible when I use the handset, and even just walking around my house.

I've tried a headset and while better, I am not a big headset user other than when I am in the car, and at that, only when it is going to be many calls or a long conversation.

I have looked for the enhanced audio settings mentioned in the 8830 threads, but they do not seem to exist in my 8310. I have exchanged my phone this week for another 8310 and still the same problem. I yesterday upgraded the OS to 4.2.2.194 and the problem still persists. And yet my wife's 8310 sounds just perfect.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Wicho; 04-18-08 at 05:24 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    04-18-08 03:57 PM
    So far I have not had a problem with noise on my 8310. My wife's 8310 is also crystal clear. Sorry you are having problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-08 05:02 PM
    This is just a shot in the dark but if both your Curves had this issue and your wifes does not than maybe its a sim card issue.
    04-18-08 06:00 PM
    I thought about the SIM card issue but thought that just related to dropped calls, static, etc. I can hear people on the other end of the call great. It's worth a shot, though. I'm going to swing by an AT&T store tonight and ask them for a new one. I hope that solves it.

Does anyone who has loaded OS 4.5 beta know if it adds an enhanced audio/voice menu found on the 8830's?
    04-18-08 06:09 PM
    This might sound silly but, my wife complained about it the other day and I turned the volume down and it went away. I think it was picking-up background noise.
    04-18-08 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD