BB Curve 8330. My email's are coming to my BB fine, but they come in bunches and they are always 30 minutes late. I called Sprint and they advised me that BB synchs every 15 minutes with my server. I don't think that is correct. Is there a setting in my BB that needs changed? I am not working off of a BB server. my domain is @sbcglobal.net

Any help? I know there has to be a way to work in real time. This happens both when my Outlook is closed and also when my Outlook is open. Someone please help!

Ray
    03-27-09 01:05 PM
    BB Curve 8330. My email's are coming to my BB fine, but they come in bunches and they are always 30 minutes late. I called Sprint and they advised me that BB synchs every 15 minutes with my server. I don't think that is correct. Is there a setting in my BB that needs changed? I am not working off of a BB server. my domain is @sbcglobal.net

Any help? I know there has to be a way to work in real time. This happens both when my Outlook is closed and also when my Outlook is open. Someone please help!

Ray
    That is correct. Anywhere between 9-15 minutes. If you were using [email protected] it's instantaneous.
    03-27-09 01:11 PM
    My comcast mail was coming every 15 minutes or so and I wanted them quicker. Since my GMail is always instant I just forwarded it to gmail so I get my mail in seconds now. Not really a fix but it worked for me..... Hope someone can give you actual advice for your issue......
    03-27-09 01:12 PM
    Is that something I have to call Sprint about to get set up?
    03-27-09 02:03 PM
    Is that something I have to call Sprint about to get set up?

No, all you have to do is go into your BIS account and create an email as the example I gave in my previous post.
    Forward whatever comcast.net email to the bb.net email address.
    In your BIS account, there is a box you also check that says "local"- you want that box checked so that the mail you get on your phone you also receive on your PC.
    03-27-09 02:30 PM
    Or just use GMail.

GMail, Yahoo Mail, AOL and a handful of others are pushed near real time.

For other email, the server checks every 15 minutes for new messages. If new messages are found, those are pushed to the device. Then the server checks again in 2-3 minutes. If new messages are found, those are pushed to the device. If no new messages are found, the server checks again in 15 minutes.
    03-27-09 07:43 PM
    Gmail only checks every 20 minutes. It is not instantaneous.
    03-28-09 05:01 AM
    My GMail push is nearly instanteous.
    03-28-09 07:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD