ok this is my problem yesterday i sed blackberry desktop manager to update my blackberry 8520 curve software since that moment my blackberry keeps on telling me invalid sim and everytime i turn it on everythings ok but when several minutes pass i get the invalid sim alert what do i do??? please help me
    06-13-10 05:57 PM
    Try reloading the OS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 06:09 PM
    how do i reload the OS???
    06-13-10 06:17 PM
    how do i reload the OS???
    Install the OS using Desktop Manager. If it still doesn't work, install a clean OS.
    06-13-10 06:24 PM
    06-13-10 07:16 PM
    IF you keep getting invalid sim, you might just have a bad sim card. Take the phone in and get a new one. (Sim card, not phone)
    06-14-10 08:31 AM
    No, i had the same issue when i first got my 8530, and i went through 2 in 3 days. It is not the OS or the sim card. A OS reinstall or upgrade will not help at all if anything it will make it worse.
    Even the techs at sprint couldn't figure it out.
    So to make a long story short,, the software is bad and you need a new phone. take it back to the service center and they will hook you up.
    06-14-10 12:25 PM
    No, i had the same issue when i first got my 8530, and i went through 2 in 3 days. It is not the OS or the sim card. A OS reinstall or upgrade will not help at all if anything it will make it worse.
    Even the techs at sprint couldn't figure it out.
    So to make a long story short,, the software is bad and you need a new phone. take it back to the service center and they will hook you up.
    I tend to disagree. There has been a few flaws with the 8530 CDMA software coming out, as the above poster states. However the 8520 GSM software versions have not been having these issues. I had the exact same issue that the OP stated. My sim card went bad and I needed a new one. Had nothing to do with the OS.

As you troubleshoot you need to eliminate the obvious. Try the sim card first.
    06-14-10 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD