Ok so I'm the Blackberry Desktop Manager and was backing up my Blackberry..it was going fine until the transfer box got to "Profiles", and it stopped and said "Error with backing up"? Can someone help please?
    05-21-10 10:52 PM
    The Profiles database has gotten corrupted.

Connect to BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Click on Backup/Restore.
    Click on Advanced.
    Highlight the Profiles database.
    Click Clear.
    Click Back.
    Click Backup/Restore and try again.

Then on the BlackBerry you will have to re-create your Profiles information.
    OR
    You can try restoring JUST the profile information from a PREVIOUS BACKUP by clicking Advanced, then Clicking File... Open and selecting a previous backup. Once it loads, click on the Profiles item in the left side box and then click the >> button.

Note that loading the Profiles information from the previous backup may NOT restore the Profiles information. You still may need to recreate the Profiles on your BlackBerry.
    05-22-10 06:00 AM
    Ok so I'm the Blackberry Desktop Manager and was backing up my Blackberry..it was going fine until the transfer box got to "Profiles", and it stopped and said "Error with backing up"? Can someone help please?
    I have had this problem since the beginning and I have deleted my profiles (like instructed above) and that fixes it. But if I redo my custom ringtones and other profile stuff, it starts happening again.
    05-25-10 07:17 AM
    I think it comes from editing the default profiles; they'll never back up for me if I edit them.
    Mine won't backup bbm5 groups, so I always have to do an advanced backup and skip them.
    05-25-10 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD