ok heres the basics of it all today new blackberry 8310 curve contract have data plan etc etc but it still only says GSM? there is no GPRS or EDGE in caps or lower case it just says GSM as a result of this i am unable to connect to internet i do not understand this because i know people who also use blackberry and get GPRS in my area..any help please? thanks
    09-11-09 05:28 PM
    ok heres the basics of it all today new blackberry 8310 curve contract have data plan etc etc but it still only says GSM? there is no GPRS or EDGE in caps or lower case it just says GSM as a result of this i am unable to connect to internet i do not understand this because i know people who also use blackberry and get GPRS in my area..any help please? thanks
    Do this first, click on Setup Wizard, highlight Email setup, click on it and select I want to create or add an email address(does not matter that you have already selected and doing this) what it will do is take you to your carrier wap site and the set up email page, the email address that you have set up should be listed, scroll down and highlight and click on resend service books. If this does not work... do the next step if that does not work holler(no kidding call your carrier).

You may also do this register with a host routing table.(options/advanced options/host routing table) click on the one in bold for your carrier and register. That should take care of your problem with the internet. If this does not work when all else fails call the carrier's customer service. Good Luck
    Last edited by bpbrown; 09-11-09 at 05:46 PM. Reason: further help
    09-11-09 05:38 PM
    Ooo ty for that but unfortunately still nothing tried activiating email but it takes me to enterprise activation and it can't aquire a service connection from that i ran a diagnostic report and here are the results

radio data activation: NO
    Signal level: unknown
    radio access: Unknown
    network: unkown
    ip address: unkown
    ICMP Ping Echo: no
    Blackberry registration: No
    Connected to blackberry: no
    blackberry PIN-PIN: no
    MSISDN: unknown
    service books: WAP, WAPPushCOnfig, WPTCP, BrowserConfig

when i go to manage connections mobile netowrk only has an orange dash line but i thought it was supposed to have a green tick?

services status
    blackberry internet service: not connected
    enterprise server: no connected
    mobile network: GSM
    Network provider: O2-UK

no TCP/APN thing wont let me register HRT

and don't know what else to write =/ so should i call my carrier? thanks btw all help is greatly appreciated!!!
    09-11-09 06:07 PM
    Ooo ty for that but unfortunately still nothing tried activiating email but it takes me to enterprise activation and it can't aquire a service connection from that i ran a diagnostic report and here are the results

radio data activation: NO
    Signal level: unknown
    radio access: Unknown
    network: unkown
    ip address: unkown
    ICMP Ping Echo: no
    Blackberry registration: No
    Connected to blackberry: no
    blackberry PIN-PIN: no
    MSISDN: unknown
    service books: WAP, WAPPushCOnfig, WPTCP, BrowserConfig

when i go to manage connections mobile netowrk only has an orange dash line but i thought it was supposed to have a green tick?

services status
    blackberry internet service: not connected
    enterprise server: no connected
    mobile network: GSM
    Network provider: O2-UK

no TCP/APN thing wont let me register HRT

and don't know what else to write =/ so should i call my carrier? thanks btw all help is greatly appreciated!!!

I am at a lost; the next best thing to do call the carrier. They should get it working for you. Good Luck. Post how it turned out for you once OS-UK gets it working. I have faith that they will/
    09-11-09 06:14 PM
    I had the same problem with a brand new bold I bought from vodafone uk the customer services couldn't do anything for me so they gave me a other new bold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 06:22 PM
    How old is your 8310.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 06:25 PM
    its actually brand new but no worries anymore i phoned my carrier and got it sorted out thanks for all your help guys it was much appreciated glad i joined crackberry
    09-14-09 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD