Hi everyone
    WOW I am so glad I found this place! LOL I am hoping someone can help me.
    Hubby and I just got our new BB8530's and we are sooooooo lost on how to
    use the phone. We thought the kids would be able to figure out the phones
    and then give us written instructions... kids are lost too! lol Here is my question.

Videos... how in the bluehell do I upload them? I have the media manager thing downloaded, I can view the videos thru the media manager. I copied and pasted the videos onto my external drive, and they will not play thru windows media player. I have wmp11. The error message I receive in wmp only tells me how to adjust my audio input. its like the error message cant even be located or something. did I do something wrong when I copied/pasted the videos? I didnt change anything other then rename the video. The file type is showing as a 3gp?? I tried uploading the videos to facebook and even that didnt work. Is there someone who can help me please? I would so appreciate it.

Thank you very much
    06-06-10 09:45 PM
    Try this, open up media manager and just minimize it. Then open up "My Computer" or "Computer" (in Vista or 7). Then, you should see your BlackBerry removable disk, open it up. Look for the video directory in that removable disk, and try copying them from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 05:56 AM
    This doesnt seem to work either. I'm sorry. I get the same wmp error message. which is below................

You've encountered error message C00D1199 while using Windows Media Player. The following information might help you troubleshoot the issue.

thanks anyways tina xoxo
    06-07-10 06:28 AM
    This doesnt seem to work either. I'm sorry. I get the same wmp error message. which is below................

You've encountered error message C00D1199 while using Windows Media Player. The following information might help you troubleshoot the issue.

thanks anyways tina xoxo
    It's probably not a video problem but a WMP problem. Try using different video file, or re-install WMP. And try using Quicktime if it's a 3GP video file.

06-07-10 06:55 AM
    It's probably not a video problem but a WMP problem. Try using different video file, or re-install WMP. And try using Quicktime if it's a 3GP video file.

I am guessing you don't have the codecs for 3GPP. Do some hunting online
    and se if you can find them. That would sort the playing thing. As for the uploading part, I have no idea.
    06-07-10 08:10 AM
    The problem is that WMP cannot play 3GP files. I don't even know if codecs are available to add to WMP to play them. You have two solutions, neither elegant, but both work.

1.) Download Quicktime and play the videos through it instead of WMP;
    2.) Download a video file converter program and convert from 3GP to a format that WMP plays.

I will try and research whether there are any codecs available for WMP and I will post back if I discover something.
    06-07-10 09:03 PM
    I have Windows 7 and I can play them. I am not sure why thou since I couldn't at some point, so the codecs do exist.

The converer solution is a good idea.
    06-08-10 11:45 AM
    3GP plays fine on my laptop, using WMP. I have Windows 7 Ultimate. I don't remember installing any codecs or anything.
    06-08-10 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD