Howdy
    I have blackberry curve from T-mobile that I got it a couple of weeks ago. I have a net-gear router at my apartment. I do not have hot spot home plan from T-mobile only the data plan. Until last week my curve recognized my router automatically and I could use wi-fi at my apartment and to make a phone call (there was a UMA sign). For the past few days somehow my curve did not recognize my router automatically. It kept giving me EDGE sign. I had to turn off and on a couple of times until it somehow started recognizing my router and then I could stay in UMA as long as I did not turn it off or out of the range. This morning I went to starback which has t-mobile hotspot, it did the same thing. It did not automatically search the available wifi. I had to turned it off and on until it somehow found the wifi. I have set my curve "wifi preferred". Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem. It drove me crazy have to turn off and on frequently to get the wifi. Any help with this issue will be appreciated. Thank you.
    06-30-08 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD