1. marietz's Avatar
    Hi,

    My batt got drained and I immediately charged the phone thru the USB cable. I tried to turn it on after 1 1/2 hrs but the phone won't boot. No light on the screen and all I can see is a constant red light from the LED. I tried pulling the battery many times but still the phone won't turn on. Please help.

    Thanks in advance!
    08-03-09 03:56 PM
  2. fatboy97's Avatar
    Try this... pull the battery... plug your device into the USB Cable... the red led light will light up for a minute and then it should come up with a symbol of a battery with a red line through it... then put the battery back in and it should boot up.... leave the USB cable connected until it's fully up and you are sure the battery is fully charged.
    08-03-09 04:06 PM
  3. marietz's Avatar
    Thanks for the quick response, fatboy97. I did plug my phone thru the USB cable (without the batt) and waited for the batt icon on the screen, but i didn't see one. The LED just kept on flashing the red light.
    08-03-09 04:40 PM
  4. lionheart123's Avatar
    You need a new phone. Call Tech Support. Or take to a store and have them try with different battery and cable.
    08-03-09 04:45 PM
  5. aristile's Avatar
    Here is what I would try next: Take your battery out of your device and then plug your device into the wall charger (not the USB charger). Put the battery into the device. Make sure the phone does not come on, if it does turn on then hold the power (red) button for a few seconds until it shuts down. Leave it charging for at least and hour (preferable two) and then check it to see if it is working. If it is not working you either need a new battery or a new device.
    08-03-09 04:59 PM
  6. Dee1504's Avatar
    Hi,

    My batt got drained and I immediately charged the phone thru the USB cable. I tried to turn it on after 1 1/2 hrs but the phone won't boot. No light on the screen and all I can see is a constant red light from the LED. I tried pulling the battery many times but still the phone won't turn on. Please help.

    Thanks in advance!
    Maybe try taking out sim card

    D
    08-03-09 05:05 PM
  7. marietz's Avatar
    Tried aristile's advise and connected the phone to the wall charger. It didn't seem to be charging at first then I saw a white screen with an icon that loks like a battery with a lightning bolt on it. It stayed that way for a few minutes then I saw the very familiar ticking clock icon.. and the phone finally booted up! YAY!

    Thanks to everyone who responded and assisted so quickly! I really appreciate your help. Now I'm wondering if this is normal for a batt's behavior after it's completely drained?
    Last edited by marietz; 08-03-09 at 05:50 PM.
    08-03-09 05:39 PM
  8. fatboy97's Avatar
    BIG ADVICE: Never, ever, ever let your battery completely drain down... as you see now that is VERY, VERY BAD!!!! Don't do it again... charge your battery as often as you can... and your device and battery will live longer.
    08-03-09 05:43 PM
  9. aristile's Avatar
    Not a problem and you are welcome! Glad we can help you to get that all sorted out.

    What likely happened is your battery drained to a much too low level and it needs to gain a charge before the device will use it. It is a protective system by the batteries charging circuit to attempt to extend its life. With Li-Ion batteries, you need to be careful and not let them drain down too low. Doing so will drastically effect its overall lifespan and could damage the battery to a point where it will not hold a charge long at all. Be sure from here on out to charge your battery early and often. I charge mine in a charging cradle every night when I am sleeping and my battery has been great since January.
    08-03-09 05:43 PM
  10. gnahc79's Avatar
    Now I'm wondering if this is normal for a batt's behavior after it's completely drained?
    For Li-Ion batteries this is a common behavior. If you let a Li-Ion powered device drain to zero all sorts of strange things can happen. If you let... oh let's say a 3G Ipod sit around for a super long time unused, the battery will be completely dead and you'll have to get a new one (yes it happened to me).
    Specs say Li-Ion batteries don't have a 'memory' behavior like the older NiMH batteries, so charge away as often as you like.
    08-03-09 05:48 PM
  11. marietz's Avatar
    I really really learned a lot today. Thank you everyone for the tips! Now i know how i should look after my battery properly. You guys are awesome!
    08-03-09 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD