I accidently connected my BB 8530 into a computer that did not have the software installed. When I realized I did it I disconnected immediatly. Now I have a blinking red light but black screen and no power. It won't turn on at all. I have taken battery out. Plugged in without batter- still have blinking light. installed software and connected bb onthing happens.
    What should I do?
    05-23-10 10:11 AM
    Forgot to mention I am single mom with 2 kids. this is my only phone so it is quite urgent!!!
    05-23-10 10:13 AM
    Uhh, stay calm, most things BlackBerry have a solution.

Try pulling the battery out and give it a minute then put it back in, see if it boots after that.

If it doesn't, you're gonna have to update the OS, your device is bricked...

Give these links a read:

Lecture 36: How to Upgrade Your BlackBerry's OS Using App Loader

Lecture 12: How to Reload the Operating System on a "Nuked" BlackBerry

Then go google and ask for: "your carier" blackberry download. Get the latest OS version for your phone and install it (please say you have a PC and not a mac).

If you follow the Lectures right, you should have your device backto work in 30-60 minutes. Less if you're lucky.

Post back if you need more help!

PS: Can you still take it back to the store and have it replaced if necessary?
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-23-10 at 10:58 AM.
    05-23-10 10:52 AM
    I have done the battery thing and tried the Blackberry OS divise install from the original CD- via the command prompt. None of which worked. stil just the blinking light. The phone is 2 wks old.
    05-23-10 11:39 AM
    No, I didn't mean Desktop Manager, DM does not provide the core stuff you need. Download and install the OS from your carrier and give it a try.
    05-23-10 11:41 AM
    It is probably bricked, reloading or updating the previous OS would fix that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-10 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD