Let me start off by saying that I am coming from the iPhone. I only feature about that I like about that is the email. I set up my gmail and I recieved all my emails and could view all my folders from the phone. I the ATT service was subpar.

With that said, I really dislike the email. It is never synched with my gmail box. Stuff I have in my inbox on gmail does not show up on my blackberry. Folders do not show up either. The biggest thing that pisses me off is that if I recieve an email on my blackberry it will not show up in my gmail inbox. Whats going on here. The only reason I got a Blackberry is because everyone raved about the email.

AGGHH. Is this not the right phone for me. Should I go to a Palm?
    08-12-08 09:52 AM
    if you want to be even more disappointed, sure.

I'm not sure what's causing your gmail problems. It works flawlessly for me, and if you download the gmail app it is a simple click to get to your web based gmail account, folkders and all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-08 09:56 AM
    from a Treo to Curve. no comparison, Curve is the best phone I have ever used. It is probably your settings causing your issues. Ask the pros on this site, they will help you.
    08-12-08 10:06 AM
    Have deleted and reprogrammed the gmail several times. Why wouldn't it show up on my gmail box if I read it on my BB?
    08-12-08 10:10 AM
    I believe there is a setting in your gmail settings where you can leave a copy of the email on the gmail server. I will double check that when I get to a computer, or someone else can confirm?

08-12-08 10:16 AM
    I believe there is a setting in your gmail settings where you can leave a copy of the email on the gmail server. I will double check that when I get to a computer, or someone else can confirm?

You are correct, there are settings in Gmail which allows you to setup forwarding and POP settings.

08-12-08 10:27 AM
    if you want to be even more disappointed, sure.

I'm not sure what's causing your gmail problems. It works flawlessly for me, and if you download the gmail app it is a simple click to get to your web based gmail account, folkders and all.

Works great for me also and I love the gmail app.
    08-12-08 10:41 AM
    I also went to a curve from a treo 750. Wow... night and day difference. The curve is so much better. I may have lost 3G when I went to the Curve but it was worth it. I second (or third) checking your email settings. Just check your email settings on both your Gmail account and your BB. Then give it some time. Im sure you will become an addict like the rest of us.
    08-12-08 10:53 AM
    I did not have to change anything at gmail. I used the email set up on my berry and added my gmail account. Everything worked great! I check every once in a while from other email accounts and Gmail works the best of my four email accounts.

08-12-08 11:03 AM
    I set it up as an IMAP. Maybe I just need to check the settings. I have redone it a bunch of times. Thanks for all the help!
    08-12-08 01:17 PM
    Gmail works fine with me and my BB. Why are you using IMAP instead of POP3
    08-12-08 05:44 PM
    Blackberry loves you, and you love BB

Hope to see you stay with it, trust me all the others are not worth it.... IMO
    08-12-08 05:51 PM
    I set it up as an IMAP. Maybe I just need to check the settings. I have redone it a bunch of times. Thanks for all the help!

What the difference or which is better? Again, thanks everyone.
    08-12-08 06:27 PM
    wow first time i have seen someone quote themselves.

POP gets pushed to you instantly. Doesn't allow reconciliation though

IMAP takes a while to get to you, Reconciles your messages i.e. will mark emails read when read from BB and you can delete from BB.
    08-12-08 06:31 PM
    I meant to quote the other guy, but I got distracted with a kid tuggin on my leg.

Thanks for the answer brother. (Local 920)
    08-12-08 06:42 PM

IMAP takes a while to get to you, Reconciles your messages i.e. will mark emails read when read from BB and you can delete from BB.
    How long is a while for IMAP?
    08-12-08 07:41 PM

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "reconciliation", but I use yahoo mail (POP) on my 8330 and if I mark messages read on my BB, then it marks them read on my yahoo account (from a computer). Also when I delete messages from BB, I have the option of deleting the message just from the BB or from the BB and my yahoo account. The BB and my yahoo account are, for all intents and purposes, "synched".

Though, I can't speak for gmail or the gmail app.
    08-13-08 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD