This is my second Curve in the last two months and every couple of days my browser's homepage changes to:

mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld&CPID=VPL

This Blackberry Application page is the same version that I've already downloaded. The problem is the only way I can access other pages through here is via my history screen. It will not let me access the VZW Startup Page unless I go through my history. VERY VERY VERY ANNOYING!

I've scoured the net for an answer to no avail...HELP ME PLEASE!
    07-08-09 08:10 AM
    Didn't you posted this already? There was someone helping you

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/help-homepage-keeps-changing-s-own-262197/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Venc; 07-08-09 at 08:23 AM.
    07-08-09 08:20 AM
    I posted it in the wrong forum though. Thought I had a 8900 but have 8330 so reposted it. Could find where to delete that thread.
    07-08-09 08:26 AM
    do i understand you correctly...

you launch the browser and this is your home page....then what happens when you press "G" ..you cannot access your bookmarks or enter a URL?

it looks like this is linked to some application you have downloaded perhaps?... make sure you either have it closed, or delete it..(after saving a backup)
    07-08-09 09:16 AM
    Yes, you are correct - it doesn't happen every time but when it does it will not allow me to access bookmarks, a url, or even change the home screen. After a day or two it works fine and goes to my normal homepage.

The site is the site used to download the latest BB App - which I have done (multiple times)...
    07-08-09 09:22 AM
    How to fix your home page.

1) Open your browser and go to google or something other than the BB page.
    2) Press Menu / Options / Browser Configuration and change your home page to what you want.
    3) Press Menu / Options / General properties and change default font size to something else.
    4) Close the browser by clicking Menu then close. Don't use the back button to close.
    5) Open browser, it should go to your new home page.
    6) Change your font size back to whatever it was.

Other have reported that you can go into options>advanced options>service book and delete the "Blackberry Help" browser config. And that will fix it too....untill you reboot the phone. The font way is a permanant fix.
    07-08-09 10:09 AM
    When BB Apps page decides it wants to be my homepage I cannot change my homepage settings...I will try this when/if BB Apps decides it doesn't want to be my homepage any longer...
    07-08-09 10:40 AM
    Not sure if this will help... but did you try clearing your cache??? Everything including history and cookies.
    07-08-09 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD